`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.77 Average
Zeprock Collection

RE: Zeprock Collection
1959 is my birth year. I was born on June 21st. It was Father's Day. It is the first official day of summer. It is the summer solstice making it the longest day of the year as far as daylight is concerned here in the Northern Hemisphere. Last year my wife was making all sorts of plans to celebrate my 60th birthday. None of them materialized as I ended up spending my birthday in surgery in an effort to remove recently diagnosed cancer. I am eight cards away from completing my 1959 set with the most difficult being the Bob Gibson rookie. Here are nine 1959 cards from my collection.

1959 Topps #10 Mickey Mantle
1959 Topps #50 Willie Mays
1959 Topps #150 Stan Musial

1959 Topps #163 Sandy Koufax
1959 Topps #380 Hank Aaron
1959 Topps #478 Roberto Clemente UER

1959 Topps #510 New York Yankees CL
1959 Topps #550 Roy Campanella/Symbol of Courage
1959 Topps #564 Mickey Mantle AS

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

What are the 8 cards you are missing? Maybe we can help you get there?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-21-2020, 09:01 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: What are the 8 cards you are missing? Maybe we can help you get there?
I'd be happy with any condition.

76 Bobby Richardson
221 Bob Bowman
317 Richie Ashburn/Willie Mays
514 Bob Gibson
523 Harry Bright
525 Jim Coates
535 Ruben Gomez
536 Danny Kravitz
557 Ken Boyer-All-Star

I have one of #317 in my Mays collection but want another for my Ashburn collection.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

we should start a (beckett go fund me account for zep)......id donate to help finish the set......who else?
(03-21-2020, 09:01 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: What are the 8 cards you are missing? Maybe we can help you get there?
great idea doc!!!

Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(03-21-2020, 02:07 PM)elberson Wrote: we should start a (beckett go fund me account for zep)......id donate to help finish the set......who else?
great idea doc!!!
Count me in.

(03-21-2020, 02:25 PM)garrisc Wrote: Count me in.
More help the better.......thanks

Mark......Im going to pick up 523...525...535...536 for you......pm your address......enjoy
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

Mark, I will be sending 76, 221, 317, and 557

I think I deleted your address so will need it again.

Scott

Wow guys that's amazing! That's not why I posted that set. I don't think I've added any cards to it in close to a decade.

WooHoo. Those are the 8 cards already!
Wow Beckett Forum getting it DONE.
Now only if the rest of the world worked as well!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

beckett family love.......8 down and one big one to go!!!!! gibson rookie!!!! Ouch.

Ok, how about we do a donation program for the Gibson rc? Ill donate 20.00 PayPal family and friends towards it. I know its gonna be a car payment (maybe 300.00 range) but just encase you get a good deal (around 200.00).....lmk I like to help put this set to bed for you