`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some quick thoughts about 2011 ... The Trout are Jumping, AGAIN!

RE: Some quick thoughts about 2011
(03-13-2020, 08:30 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Okay let me wipe the drool off my face!@. Those last 3 are probably worth more individualy than all 20 of the base but if you grade those 20 and get 9.5-10 gold mine! That is until there isn't a season to see his accomplishments. Amazing collecting!!
Thanks! Hopefully the season takes off sooner than later and The Angels have a great year.
As far as grading 23 cards, I may need to sell one raw to cover the cost.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Extremely impressive! It took me a looong time, but I finally just got one myself!

(03-14-2020, 02:57 PM)jbissell Wrote: Extremely impressive! It took me a looong time, but I finally just got one myself!
That's awesome!
Trout's Topps RC has the potential to be the modern day equivalent of the Topps Mantle RC, IMO. luckily I didn't have to buy one ... and many figured they'd eventually top out when it hit $100, but it just kept climbing. Personally I waited way too long on picking up a Trout auto when it was reasonably expensive, but Now it's priced way out of my league. I do have one trout/hellickson dual ROY auto (in my avatar), but it's not nearly as nice as having a solo Trout auto.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

love them Doc! Always happy when you post pics!
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

Nice collection of Trout Doc Smile

(03-16-2020, 11:40 AM)animie67 Wrote: Nice collection of Trout Doc Smile
(03-15-2020, 10:29 AM)flamethrower Wrote: love them Doc! Always happy when you post pics!
Thanks guys!

I'm super jelly.

I managed to pick up a 2011 Trout Update Gold /2011, Diamond Anniversary, and Cognac Diamond Anniversary in 2013 or so when they were still ONLY $50 a piece.

I balked at the Walmart blue border because even though I typically LOVE blue parallels, I didn't really like the shade of blue that was used for the Walmart one.

I totes regret it now. Oh well. At least I have a few nice ones.

I also have some of the Bowman and Finest ones, but they haven't risen in value nearly as much as the Updates.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Testing

Having issues posting a reply

Getting invalid character messages

(03-19-2020, 01:52 PM)hempick Wrote: I'm super jelly.
I managed to pick up a 2011 Trout Update Gold /2011, Diamond Anniversary, and Cognac Diamond Anniversary in 2013 or so when they were still ONLY $50 a piece.
I balked at the Walmart blue border because even though I typically LOVE blue parallels, I didn't really like the shade of blue that was used for the Walmart one.
I totes regret it now. Oh well. At least I have a few nice ones.
I also have some of the Bowman and Finest ones, but they haven't risen in value nearly as much as the Updates.
Do not be jelly, my friend. You made some great $50 pick ups!
I agree, the baby blue border they used on the Walmart Cards is ugly. The red is visually more pleasing, probably due to the Angels Uni color.
I think the red Target card is way undervalued. The red and blue show up on eBay and there are fewer Red Trouts that make it to auction and when they do, they outsell the blue by about 30-40% more, at least the last time I investigated. It would make some sense in terms of scarcity. There are more Walmarts than Targets, so they probably printed higher number of Walmart Blue exclusives.

Note: this just in
US175 just jumped another 30% higher... wow!

RE: Some quick thoughts about 2011 ... The Trout are Jumping, AGAIN!
I miss the 6 copies of the base update that I got $25 each for ... [insert fart noise here].
Kepler