Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLB reacts to Corona Virus issue

MLB reacts to Corona Virus issue
Here are the changes initiated by MLB for games in 2020:

1. Everyone will be issued a foam finger for purposes of high-fiveing

2. Hot dogs will be shot out of the mascot's cannon into the crowd

3. Pitchers will not be allowed to wipe their brow or lick their fingers on the mound

4. Beer will only be allowed to be served in sealed beer helmets with attached straws

5. Fans will be dropped in their seats by helicopter or skydivers to avoid touching door handles or railings

6. Once a ball reaches the stands by foul ball or home run, the person who catches it will be immediately quarantined for the next full inning

When asked about these changes, Jose Altuve also requested to make sure the garbage can handle was sterilized between pitches

RE: MLB reacts to Corona Virus issue
LOL
Especially the Altuve dig! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

NBA just suspended the season, wonder if opening day will get pushed?...
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

I see a shortened season this year

I would like to add before walking 3 feet from your car you must put on a bio suit that covers your whole body like you see in those nuclear reactor movies. Everyone inside the ball park that includes players umps ground personnel to the announcers everyone must wear a suit there will be no sliding in fear of tearing the suit and if your suit is torn you will be isolated for 14 days no matter who you are and what you do for a living

Supposed to be funny but I am sure this whole thing is blown out of proportion
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

It's better to safe than sorry, but there's a fear-mongering aspect to this whole thing.
Sure, I'll wash my hands a few more times per day, but I'm not running to buy out all the disinfectant in Walmart tonight!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

lol
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

I think MLB should consider playing the games, but having no fans in the stadium. That seems like a decent compromise.

If we go the rest of the year unable to watch any sort of sports or other entertainment, and are also unable to hang out with people, are we just gonna sit around and whither away. I guess thats a possibility.

Opening Day delayed 2 weeks. Not sure what that's going to do, but maybe by mid-April we will have some sort of treatment or preventative in place. Otherwise that 2 weeks could become 2 months.
*I MUST SEND FIRST*
Not interested in GU or AUTO - base, base, base!!!

Baseball - Whit Merrifield, Wil Myers, Yadier Molina
Football - Brady Quinn, Landry Jones, Terry Bradshaw
Basketball - JJ Redick, Dr. J, Bill Walton

(03-12-2020, 02:59 PM)toploader1976 Wrote: Opening Day delayed 2 weeks. Not sure what that's going to do, but maybe by mid-April we will have some sort of treatment or preventative in place. Otherwise that 2 weeks could become 2 months.
Very possible. As always, we're not privy to the inside info, but hopefully they're being truthful and in 2-4 weeks this whole mess will turn the corner.

(03-11-2020, 11:44 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: It's better to safe than sorry, but there's a fear-mongering aspect to this whole thing.
Sure, I'll wash my hands a few more times per day, but I'm not running to buy out all the disinfectant in Walmart tonight!
There won't be any disinfectant left to buy pretty soon! Big Grin
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars