`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Astros Debacle

RE: Astros Debacle
Back in my day they just took 'roids, corked bats, and threw the 1919 world series.

Get off my lawn.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

I depends on how one defines cheating as far as sign stealing goes. Sign stealing has been around forever. Joe Mauer was a well known sign stealer. No one has ever really come down on him or the Twins organization.

It crossed a huge line when teams are using tech and stealing signs in real time.

With that said, Im not entirely sure "Everyone cheats" when it comes to this level of sign stealing.

(01-13-2020, 03:52 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Exactly.

It's like college football ... they all cheat.
When Penn State received sanctions after the Sandusky scandal, that left Stanford and Northwestern as the only major schools to never receive NCAA sanctions. Don't think either school has been punished since then so there are two that don't cheat!
(01-14-2020, 05:44 AM)y2hood Wrote: Back in my day they just took 'roids, corked bats, and threw the 1919 world series.

Get off my lawn.
And managers would bet on their own teams to win!! Tongue
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

How'd I miss that one in my rant!?
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(01-14-2020, 05:44 AM)y2hood Wrote: Back in my day they just took 'roids, corked bats, and threw the 1919 world series.
Get off my lawn.
LOL
The good old days ... That's when cheating was more respectable ... but of course millennials and their high tech gadgetry obsession, right?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(01-13-2020, 05:28 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: I'm interested in seeing what they do with Alex Cora.
Now we know. Beltran too. Looks like there are a few clubs looking for new managers with spring training just around the corner.

. . . Spring Training!
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Man, the more I watch that video of Altuve during his walk off HR against the Yankees, the more pissed off I get! I hate cheating in baseball with a seething passion! Honestly, Im not a huge fan of the Twins making Nelson Cruz and Jorge Polanco the faces of the franchise. I can only hope they have repented. LOL

From a baseball card collector's standpoint, I had the 2011 Topps Update Altuve RC as one of my "must have" cards for my collection. Now, all I want to do is trade it for a stack of 1988 Topps commons.... Not really, but Grrrrrr!

(01-17-2020, 07:50 AM)zeprock Wrote: Now we know. Beltran too. Looks like there are a few clubs looking for new managers with spring training just around the corner.

. . . Spring Training!
Crazy how this is all turning out. Now rumors of wearing electronic devices. Geez.

Three and a half more weeks!!!Wink

I think this is going to get a lot worse soon enough.

The fallout from the steroids scandal caused me to not collect baseball cards for nearly 15 years and not even pay any attention to the game at all for that amount of time, too.

Guess it is time to not watch baseball again.

I don't like football anymore because of the head injury issues.

Never was that much of a hockey fan.

Looks like I'm down to basketball now.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

People got over Tiger Woods...and Aaron Hernandez...and Pete Rose...and many others that stumbled along the way, so I wouldn't expect any long-term effects on the sport over this. No problem if some decide to stay away (remember the strike season?!).