`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do some people have such attitude?

RE: Why do some people have such attitude?
(01-08-2020, 01:28 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Also, barely 1/2 of his trades are rated because he does not rate the trade he receives...even though he got my cards in good shape really quick. I always think people do that so they have leverage in case the other person gives a poor rating.
Exactly why they do it. I don't care for it either. Happens all the time on ebay.

The "stupid" Soto has arrived after only 37 days!

(01-13-2020, 06:54 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: The "stupid" Soto has arrived after only 37 days!
Scan or it didn't happen, which stupid Soto is it?

(01-13-2020, 06:55 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Scan or it didn't happen, which stupid Soto is it?
Just goofing off...it was the Soto from a delayed trade. Glad it is over.

Geez KB, I'm really sorry to hear that! You don't know me from Adam, we've never traded, in fact I've never used the trade resource on this site, though I keep meaning to download everything to "Org." and start, but, I've been AROUND the Ebay ride. After 20 years I've learned one thing. Some people just need to be avoided. Check this out, I'm messing around there the other night and I run across that stupid Mark Jackson Basetball card with the Menendez brothers in the background. It's selling for $20 avg. Then there are the counterfeits going for $3-5. I see a set for $12 and I think, "Hmm, get the set, pluck the card and trade the rest and pay $3-5 for a REAL one. Well the seller of the set and the seller of the fake are The EXACT same Ebay ID with one character changed. I don't want to out them here (just in case), but I sent a msg to both ID's basically busting them out. I got a reply back from one of 'em in under 5 minutes with LOTS of backpedaling and excuses. I don't KNOW you KB, but your forum posts show deep knowledge of the Hobby and Sport, and a laid back fun attitude so I have to believe that you are in the right here, not that it's any of my business I guess. Ok, I just wasted 5 minutes of everyone's life with this, sorry lol. I almost want to know what Soto card it is just so I can step up and send it to ya and end the whole debacle! LOL....God Bless...
"The Rose goes in the front big guy..."

Sorry to hear that kerryandbeth, I've traded with that member and it went alright but I'm adding another to my no trade list. Sad. Don't understand how you can be "bullied" to do something you are required to do.

(01-15-2020, 12:14 AM)ceylan00 Wrote: Geez KB, I'm really sorry to hear that! You don't know me from Adam, we've never traded, in fact I've never used the trade resource on this site, though I keep meaning to download everything to "Org." and start, but, I've been AROUND the Ebay ride. After 20 years I've learned one thing. Some people just need to be avoided. Check this out, I'm messing around there the other night and I run across that stupid Mark Jackson Basetball card with the Menendez brothers in the background. It's selling for $20 avg. Then there are the counterfeits going for $3-5. I see a set for $12 and I think, "Hmm, get the set, pluck the card and trade the rest and pay $3-5 for a REAL one. Well the seller of the set and the seller of the fake are The EXACT same Ebay ID with one character changed. I don't want to out them here (just in case), but I sent a msg to both ID's basically busting them out. I got a reply back from one of 'em in under 5 minutes with LOTS of backpedaling and excuses. I don't KNOW you KB, but your forum posts show deep knowledge of the Hobby and Sport, and a laid back fun attitude so I have to believe that you are in the right here, not that it's any of my business I guess. Ok, I just wasted 5 minutes of everyone's life with this, sorry lol. I almost want to know what Soto card it is just so I can step up and send it to ya and end the whole debacle! LOL....God Bless...
Thanks for the note. I actually have been avoiding eBay for many years based on horror stories from others, but somebody told me the seller is getting better rights lately. I did receive the 2019 Topps Gold Juan Soto after 37 days.

(01-15-2020, 07:25 AM)yankee98 Wrote: Sorry to hear that kerryandbeth, I've traded with that member and it went alright but I'm adding another to my no trade list. Sad. Don't understand how you can be "bullied" to do something you are required to do.
570+ trades without a hitch, and then somebody decides to take their miserable life out on me for no apparent reason. Oh, well, I am putting it behind me.

(01-15-2020, 10:14 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: 570+ trades without a hitch, and then somebody decides to take their miserable life out on me for no apparent reason. Oh, well, I am putting it behind me.
I wear my one negative as a warning for others, so that when people inevitably click to see who left it, they'll know to avoid that individual like the plague.

(01-15-2020, 03:55 PM)jplarson Wrote: I wear my one negative as a warning for others, so that when people inevitably click to see who left it, they'll know to avoid that individual like the plague.
Battle scars, LOL

I had a situation a few years ago where I made a trade with someone. I sent him 7 cards and he sent me a similar number back. I put each card individually in penny sleeves, then top loaders, then blue tape on four sides, with a pice of cardboard top and bottom covering the cards and place them in a bubble wrap mailer. A couple days later he PM me that the Manny Machado RC was missing. I couldn't believe he was lying to me like that. I was so angry that he was scamming me for another Machado RC card. Fearful of getting 1 or 0 stars I sent him another one. I have made very few trades since then. It's sad that a trader left such a bitter taste in my mouth that I no longer trust trading on this site. Thankfully I've have a great experience trading with bonds20001, who has helped to restore my faith in this site. Thanks for taking the time to read my 2 cents on my bad experience. I just wish there would be more honest people out there. But I guess there's always going to be dishonest people in our society....
Looking to trade for any Hall of Fame Topps base cards.