`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Patriots are at it again

The Patriots are at it again
Lol true or not, they just can't stop getting caught with their hands in the cookie jar. How desperate do you have to be to need to cheat against the BENGALS?!

RE: The Patriots are at it again
There are two equally infuriating possibilities as a Patriots fan:

scenario #1: It really is a legitimate mistake: Still makes the Patriots look bad/like cheaters and fuels the hate.

scenario #2: They really were taping the Bengals: makes the Patriots look worse/like cheaters and continues to fuel the hate.

regardless, it bugs me the Pats would even put themselves in this type of position after all that's transpired in the past.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

Come on man.

The Packers don't cheat like the Patriots because they are handed more calls than anybody.

Remember 3rd and 35 down by their own end zone against the 49ers?

Pssshhhh, no problem - flag, helmet to helmet on SF, automatic first down!

The helmet to helmet call is the traveling call of the NBA ... you could call it on every play if you wanted to, so, you know, just don't call it.

foleylion08, as a Patriots fan, do you not expect at least 12 wins every season with Belichick and Brady? That puts a lot of pressure on the team and the owner to produce, so cheating or at least pushing the boundaries should be expected by the fans but not tolerated by the NFL.

I was watching part of the game on Sunday and I have never heard so many boos from the fans for every little call that did not go their way. I turned to my wife and said "talk about spoiled fans".

On the opposite spectrum, my Vikings are fully expected to fail to get to a Super Bowl. let alone ever win.

(12-11-2019, 12:23 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: foleylion08, as a Patriots fan, do you not expect at least 12 wins every season with Belichick and Brady? That puts a lot of pressure on the team and the owner to produce, so cheating or at least pushing the boundaries should be expected by the fans but not tolerated by the NFL.

I was watching part of the game on Sunday and I have never heard so many boos from the fans for every little call that did not go their way. I turned to my wife and said "talk about spoiled fans".

On the opposite spectrum, my Vikings are fully expected to fail to get to a Super Bowl. let alone ever win.
Yeah, but didn't you guys lose like 12 Super Bowls in the 1970s with Fran Tarkenton at QB?

I mean, the one thing the Falcons, Cardinals, Chargers, Vikings, Titans, etc. have over the Lions is that at least they've been to a Super Bowl.

I mean, they all had their shots ... the worst on the list is Atlanta.

28-3 in the fourth quarter?

You could literally trade scores the rest of the game and win in blowout fashion.

Nice try, RJ! It was 3 Super Bowls with Fran the Man at the helm, and it was not his fault for the losses. He cannot help it if the receivers aren't open and the offensive line cannot stop the sacks, and throwing for interceptions, and falling down, and, and, and...

Besides, you are very lucky the Lions have never been to the Super Bowl because then you would not have anything to complain about! LOL

(12-11-2019, 01:14 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Nice try, RJ! It was 3 Super Bowls with Fran the Man at the helm, and it was not his fault for the losses. He cannot help it if the receivers aren't open and the offensive line cannot stop the sacks, and throwing for interceptions, and falling down, and, and, and...

Besides, you are very lucky the Lions have never been to the Super Bowl because then you would not have anything to complain about! LOL
I had a good friend that I used to work with at the newspaper that was a huge SF Giants fan ... we both worked nights so we were glued to the TV during their first World Series run in 2010.

The next time they were in it (2012), my buddy barely cared. I asked him about his lack of enthusiasm and he was like, "I only needed them to win one to see what it feels like."

That's where I'm at with the Lions - I just want one. That's enough for me. One.

BTW, as an accountant I thought you would appreciate my math on the 12 Super Bowls in the 1970s, LOL

(12-11-2019, 01:45 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: BTW, as an accountant I thought you would appreciate my math on the 12 Super Bowls in the 1970s, LOL
Yep, that is why I said "Nice try".Big Grin
Thumbs Up 
(12-11-2019, 12:23 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: foleylion08, as a Patriots fan, do you not expect at least 12 wins every season with Belichick and Brady? That puts a lot of pressure on the team and the owner to produce, so cheating or at least pushing the boundaries should be expected by the fans but not tolerated by the NFL.

Nah, 11 wins is plenty, they won a Super Bowl in 2001 and last year with that many Big Grin
Oh and since they play in the weakest division in the history of any and all organized sports according to most people, we're halfway there just on divisonal play every year, right?
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

there are only two way that I could see a good team legitimately intentionally taping the Bengals

1) if it was a test to see if they could get away with it

2) or it was to cover up something much greater going on behind the scenes.