`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pete Alonso

Pete Alonso
Welcome to my Pete Alonso aka Polar Bear PC thread.
Will be updating as much as possible. 

Thanks for the look.
[Image: 7zvFV.png]

RE: Pete Alonso
That is a bummer!

Are you looking for base RC's only? I recently bought a box of Finest, and got a Pete Alonso Auto #'d to 99. Ideally, if I were to part with it, Id prefer to put it in as part of a package deal for a 2011 Update base Trout RC, or the 2011 Bowman Chrome Trout, but Im willing to look at any offer.

I have a dupe of his Series 2 RC, happy to trade it. I'll check your org.

Thanks!

RJ

(07-13-2019, 02:12 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: That is a bummer!
(07-15-2019, 07:38 AM)jbissell Wrote: Are you looking for base RC's only? I recently bought a box of Finest, and got a Pete Alonso Auto #'d to 99. Ideally, if I were to part with it, Id prefer to put it in as part of a package deal for a 2011 Update base Trout RC, or the 2011 Bowman Chrome Trout, but Im willing to look at any offer.
Hi, just looking for his base RCs for now.

Follow up..been able to get some good deals on some of his cards..will have about 60 of his 2019 S2 by the end of next week.and more Finest. RCs. ,..branching out to parallels and variations...does he still get to 60 Hrs this season? I hope so..

(07-19-2019, 01:23 PM)Dukester Wrote: Follow up..been able to get some good deals on some of his cards..will have about 60 of his 2019 S2 by the end of next week.and more Finest. RCs. ,..branching out to parallels and variations...does he still get to 60 Hrs this season? I hope so..
Is he on pace for 60? Hmmmm?
I haven't heard that mentioned ... but we are more than halfway through the season and he's hit over 30HRs so, yeah ... I'd have thought MLBTV would have made a big deal about that. Wonder why not, or I'm just missing it?

FYI: He was on this months cover of Beckett Baseball monthly. "Meet Mets Rookie Pete Alonso ... Gotham's New Bat Man"
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-20-2019, 09:46 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Is he on pace for 60? Hmmmm?
I haven't heard that mentioned ... but we are more than halfway through the season and he's hit over 30HRs so, yeah ... I'd have thought MLBTV would have made a big deal about that. Wonder why not, or I'm just missing it?

FYI: He was on this months cover of Beckett Baseball monthly. "Meet Mets Rookie Pete Alonso ... Gotham's New Bat Man"

Fallen behind now...He has 33 now and behind Bellinger and Yelich with Trout right there..be nice to have them give us a race to who hits 60 first this year..

(07-23-2019, 09:44 AM)Dukester Wrote: Fallen behind now...He has 33 now and behind Bellinger and Yelich with Trout right there..be nice to have them give us a race to who hits 60 first this year..
That would be very invigorating for the hobby ... a good HR battle.
My guess is Yelich is the next to go 60+ ... he's got the sweetest swing of them all and he's not reliant on strength alone. Bellinger Is a close second ... I think he's gonna give Yeli a good run, but will fall short.
I always dreamed there'd be a Judge/Stanton HR contest to 60 ala Mantle/Maris ... but it looks like injuries have been plaguing them both. Maybe in 2020 they'll go 60/60 Smile right now, I'd be happy if they both get to 20 HRs each.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Trout getting 60 would be a nice additional line to his "best ever" resume he's putting together.

I would love to see him join the 40-40 club, but he doesn't seem to run as much as he used to.