`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your current cardboard crush?

What is your current cardboard crush?
What card in your collection is the one you enjoy looking at most right now - what is displayed prominently and/or taken out most frequently to be drooled over?
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

RE: What is your current cardboard crush?
Oh my gosh. That is a great question, but I'm not sure if I there is just one.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

I guess for starters it would be my 2011 Topps Update Mike Trout rc. It's graded a 10. it is .5 away from a black label.

I would probably say my 2018 Topps Five Star Auto Gold of Kris Bryant.

My 1992 Fleer Frank Thomas Rookie Sensation.

I need to pick up a copy in better condition, but still, that was THE CARD when I was a kid. Now I have one Smile
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

this is one of my favorites....probably cause it so shiny
[Image: IMG-20130226-00058_zps77de4cb5.jpg]
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

My 2016 Topps Strata Clearly Authentic Auto Relic Black Dallas Keuchel, I managed to pick up the card that had the Milo Hamilton patch on which the players all wore on their jerseys in 2015 after he passed away.

[Image: edited-image_zpsknaqpcir.png]
Collecting Astros & Allen & Ginter with my daughter.

Looking for 2016 Topps Strata Clearly Authentic Autograph Relic Red #CAARDK Dallas Keuchel (any of the 5 1/1 variations) to complete the mini rainbow!

I've thought it over and it is a toss up between my '33 Goudey Lou Gehrig and my '57-58 Topps Bill Russell.

Honorable mention, '33 Sport Kings Jim Thorpe.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

My shoeless Joe Jackson and Jim Thorpe dual bat card #25. Saddens me I may have to part with it soon. (I hope not though)
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(06-08-2019, 01:56 AM)waynetalger Wrote: My shoeless Joe Jackson and Jim Thorpe dual bat card #25. Saddens me I may have to part with it soon. (I hope not though)
I hope you can hold onto that card as well! It would be a shame. Assuming you need the money, so hoping your money problems vanish before you need to sell a rare card that is near and dear to you!
Would love to see a pic.
-----------------------
As for me, and my answer to this thread, my head has been in Comic Book mode getting ready for the upcoming Miami / South Florida SuperCon this July 4th weekend. My eldest daughter and I get a table and sell off tee-shirts that she designed in order for her to earn some spending money while she's at colllege. My other 2 girls sell off stuff they don't want, can't use, or would throw away. Last year they made up grab bags with little toys from McDonalds, Burger King, etc. and some of their old ninja turtles stuff and sold them for a buck a bag. They made spending money on stuff they were going to throw and they spent that money at the show on stuff that will no doubt be sold next year Smile
I've been digging up boxes and boxes of old toys that were packed away for years, pricing them out and getting them ready to sell at the convention.

The only things that I found that was baseball related & I was drooling over was an old (1972?) 7-11 Willie Mays slurpee cup (I still remember the brain freeze I experienced after sucking down that cola slurpee Smile ) and a Derek Jeter Frosted Flakes Cereal Box from 1997-1998 ... very cool, and totally forgot about it for years.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.