`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are Panini Redemption cards ?

What are Panini Redemption cards ?
Someone please explain what the hell these point redemption cards are? I have been throwing them away when I get them .Thought they were a way to have less hits in a box.
Photobucket

RE: What are Panini Redemption cards ?
oh man, you redeem them for cards etc on their site.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(05-07-2019, 08:13 PM)floydtown Wrote: oh man, you redeem them for cards etc on their site.
It took me a little while to figure this out, too, tbh. I don't like the idea of redemptions in general, but being able to pick what you get is nice, at least.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(05-07-2019, 08:05 PM)sparty78 Wrote: What are Panini Redemption cards?

Requiem of a Redemption

Empty promises
Panini's corporate greed
Sadness in a pack

-Jordan Larson, 05/08/2019

Redeem the points and wait.............every once in awhile they issue special cards (KABOOM, white sparkle packs, cracked ice autos /10 etc.) I just got one of the ice autos /10 for 900 points. Check the KABOOM sold auctions, you will be amazed at the sale prices.

If you don't want to do that, then sell them.

paniniamerica.net
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

(05-07-2019, 10:09 PM)hempick Wrote: It took me a little while to figure this out, too, tbh. I don't like the idea of redemptions in general, but being able to pick what you get is nice, at least.
Or it would be if they actually had somewhat decent realistically valued cards that are worth paying the shipping costs for. Start by going back and lowering the points values of all of the players who are no longer in the league - often dramatically lowering it.

Getting the opportunity to pay $5 shipping for a $5 card out of a $100 plus hobby box where you cannot even get a card using Panini points from that product is really aggravating - especially when it has reached the point where their lack of updating values has lead even many of the available 400 point cards are $5-10 cards. It has reached the point where I view a 150 or 250 point card as realistically having a negative value - and even 400 point card basically has little value. And when a 150 point card is the "autograph" card you get out of a box of say "Plates and Patches" it is essentially Panini laughing at you saying "we couldn't be bothered actually getting players to sign for us" so we are going to give you the ability to get a card that you will pay as much for shipping as it is worth).

Also, setting up the points system the way they have (especially with the seemingly random updates) also provides the opportunity for big collectors (and deep pocket companies looking to collect lots of points and flip cards - and really, the low points cards are such that it takes so much time (and non-delivered autograph cards) to build up value that it doesn't seem worth it to me) to be the only people to take advantage if there is actually a somewhat decent realistically valued card placed there.

In theory I don't mind the concept of being able to pick out your own cards, as I always seem to be able to find unique PC cards that I wouldn't have normally thought of.

However, two huge changes that would make it drastically better ... stop charging for shipping and offer cards from the same year or product.

Case in point ... I purged 95 percent of my collection last summer and have cut out box/pack busting by about 98 percent.

So, it's pretty rare nowadays that I buy a blaster.

In a moment of weakness over the weekend, in an effort to pull a Joey Bart card for my Giants PC, I bought a blaster of 2018 Elite Extra Edition.

There are a grand total of five cards in the box - one pack. The outer packaging says "two autos or mem cards guaranteed."

So yeah, I pulled the obligatory Team USA jersey card of Nico Hoerner (Cubs), so we'll see how that turns out.

My other "hit" in the pack?

A 150-point Panini Rewards card.

Out of all the potential hits they could have put in there.

Talk about "womp womp" ...

Now, as part of the purge of my collection, I surrendered my credit card, so even if I wanted to pay the shipping fee, I actually can't.

So basically, this "Rewards" card I pulled was completely worthless to me.

Luckily a good guy on the boards here traded me a couple of nice cards for it and bailed me out, otherwise I would have been completely disappointed.

I had 4-150 point redemption cards and went to Panini Online to redeem my "rewards". After looking for over 15 minutes I could not find anything I was the least bit interested in. So, I waited another month and ended up picking a 2016 Contenders Ice Auto of Daulton Jefferies. The value for that 1 card is much less than 4 average autos, and I had to pay for shipping.

Result: gave up total potential for $32-$60 of EEE autographs to get less than $25 net of a player I just want to trade away.

As someone said...it is just a cop-out by Panini to offer these reward redemptions. In some situations, it is outright ripoff!

You guys have not heard of white sparkle packs or kaboom cards or cracked ice autos /10 ? Those don't last long when they put them up so I check everyday. You can always sell those points for cash instead of redeeming, I know blowout buys them for .03 per point.

Do yourself a favor and search kaboom or white sparkle pack on sold ebay auctions highest price first. Those came from Panini rewards.

If you still think its garbage please send the codes to me by PM, I will gladly take them off your hands or trade for them
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

(05-08-2019, 01:12 PM)floydtown Wrote: You guys have not heard of white sparkle packs or kaboom cards or cracked ice autos /10 ? Those don't last long when they put them up so I check everyday. You can always sell those points for cash instead of redeeming, I know blowout buys them for .03 per point.

Do yourself a favor and search kaboom or white sparkle pack on sold ebay auctions highest price first. Those came from Panini rewards.

If you still think its garbage please send the codes to me by PM, I will gladly take them off your hands or trade for them
Bob,

No doubt there's nice stuff on there - I once hit a 1,500 pointer (!) out of a blaster of Optic basketball and was able to add some nice autos of Dominique Wilkins, Karl-Anthony Towns and Baron Davis to my collection.

My primary issue is the distribution, meaning they are inserted instead of actual hits.

So when I buy a blaster and that is one of the guaranteed hits, it's disappointing.

It wouldn't be as bad if, say, I could redeem the points for a Joey Bart card out of the 2018 Elite Extra Edition product I bought the blaster of, but 99 percent of the time the product is not one of the choices.

It would also be fine if they inserted them as "extra" hits or bonus cards or whatever.

The other issue is the shipping, I mean, there's no debating that - it sucks.

They already got my $20 for the blaster, do they need another $5 to send me something I am "settling for" in the first place?

If I do hit more points cards I will definitely hit you up ... you've always had an awesome collection!