`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
1991 Pro Set box break
04-22-2019, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2019 08:37 PM by spazmatastic.)
1991 Pro Set box break
Since I have 3 of these boxes and this was the first NASCAR product I ever opened back when it was new, I decided to bust one. Here's the stats: 36 packs of 12 cards, 143-card base set and 37-card Legends insert set. With 432 cards in the box, I figured that I might be able to complete 2 sets of each. But I really wanted to pull the Bobby Allison AU (1000 copies) and/or the Cup Trophy hologram (5000 numbered copies). I didn't get either one. I did complete the base set and the Legends set. I ended up 5 short of a 2nd base set and 4 cards short of a 2nd Legends set. But I might have those that I need already sitting around here. I ended up with 69 base triples and 14 Legends triples with no card being pulled 4 times. I didn't pull any of the 3 COR base cards or the 1 COR Legends card, so this was a first-printing box.
Each pack also had an instant win card. I haven't scratched any of them yet to see if they would have been winners, but I probably will.
It was a fun nostalgic break and I enjoyed it. If anyone is interested, I have 2 more boxes for sell or trade and I also have a few complete sets to sell or trade. Thanks for reading!

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
[Image: sohzfL.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2019, 12:10 AM
RE: 1991 Pro Set box break
UPDATE: I do have enough base cards sitting here to complete the 2nd base set. But I am missing a card #L13 (Marvin Panch) to complete a 2nd Legends set. I have scratched 12 of the 36 Instant Win cards so far. All of them say "You Ran Out Of Gas Please Try Again". I'm still adding all of the extra cards to my traders on here right now. Legends set is done though.

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
04-23-2019, 05:03 PM
Who would the big names be back then from that set?
04-23-2019, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2019 08:50 PM by spazmatastic.)
The Allison's, Waltrip's, Petty's, Jarrett's, Mark Martin, Terry Labonte, Rusty Wallace, Ricky Rudd, Ernie Irvan, Kulwicki, Yarborough, Marcis, Roger Penske RC, Robbie Loomis RC, Andy Petree RC. Dale Earnhardt is NOT in the set b/c Pro Set didn't have licensing for him yet.

This was the first full NASCAR set from Pro Set. Their only previous NASCAR set was the 1991 Petty Family 50-card set. I have a few sealed sets of that one for sell/trade too.

04-24-2019, 12:45 AM
(04-23-2019 05:03 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote:  Who would the big names be back then from that set?

Also, if you want to join the RFFG this year, just pick a driver for the Talladega race in that thread (RFFG - Week 10). I'll add you to the game. We have 2 first-time players this year and one who only played the last half of 2018. Anyone can tell you how much fun this game can be. I love running it and everyone seems to love playing in it. Five of us have played every single year (this is the 6th season) and a few others have played for 3+ years now. There hasn't been a single year that everyone didn't get to pick a prize at the end of the season either!

04-25-2019, 04:44 AM
Sound fun and inexpensive

[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK
04-28-2019, 07:09 PM
ENGINE ENGINE #9 !!!!!!!!! SOUND THE SIREN!!!!!!!

[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK
04-28-2019, 07:13 PM
(04-28-2019 07:09 PM)alstott9adams Wrote:  ENGINE ENGINE #9 !!!!!!!!! SOUND THE SIREN!!!!!!!

You mean "Si-reen". Big Grin