`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Still worth buying 2009 Bowman boxes?

Still worth buying 2009 Bowman boxes?
IS it still worth buying 2009 Bowman Chrome boxes? OR has all the Trout Rookie cards and other very valuable cards etc etc already been hit? Also are there ways to know when a certain card has already been found? Like if they printed /10 are there ways to know when all 10 have been found?

RE: Still worth buying 2009 Bowman boxes?
IS it still worth buying 2009 Bowman Chrome boxes?- to me the answer is yes depending on the price

OR has all the Trout Rookie cards and other very valuable cards etc etc already been hit? - If that question can be answered honestly then I need the lottery numbers for tonight. The only answer is if there are still unopened boxes then you MIGHT stand a chance of pulling one

Also are there ways to know when a certain card has already been found? Like if they printed /10 are there ways to know when all 10 have been found?- The only way to find that answer is check Becket Graded, PSA, SGC,and all the other grading card companies, go to COMC and E-Bay to find the raw cards that are up for sale. for example if you find 8 of them make sure the card was not graded twice by this it will have the same serial number. and if you found 8 of them then your doing great for the other 2 could be still in packs OR they have been pulled and sitting in someones personal collection. - Short answer is NO.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Assuming there are still unopened boxes or cases somewhere, it is a safe bet that there are more Trouts in those packs.

An 8-second search on Google shows that the first two boxes of this stuff you can buy are $1,600 and $1,300 apiece.

At one autograph per box, another 8-second Google search shows that there are 75 prospect autos and 20 Bowman Chrome RC autos in the set, so your odds of pulling a Trout - assuming that there are no SPs and all cards are produced equally - your odds of pulling a Trout from a single box are 1:95.

That's not counting all the parallels, refractors, etc.

That's assuming that single boxes are from a fresh case, i.e. not a case in which a Trout has already been pulled and someone is happy with what they got and are doing a box dump on the rest.

Another 8-second Google search reveals that you can buy a PSA 9 graded Trout right now for $10,000.

So it's your choice ... 7 or 8 random boxes in which you likely won't pull a Trout, or bite the bullet and buy one.

But one thing's for sure ... you can figure all of this out with a Beckett subscription or by doing some Googling on your own.

Well the superfractor auto was pulled and recently sold for $400k. I read in an article that all 5 of the red versions have been pulled, not sure about the ones numbered to 10 or higher though. That being said, I wouldn't be buying boxes of 2009 Bowman at their current asking prices. Now if you could get a box for closer to the original MSRP, then it's definitely worth buying one.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(05-15-2018, 03:28 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Assuming there are still unopened boxes or cases somewhere, it is a safe bet that there are more Trouts in those packs.

An 8-second search on Google shows that the first two boxes of this stuff you can buy are $1,600 and $1,300 apiece.

At one autograph per box, another 8-second Google search shows that there are 75 prospect autos and 20 Bowman Chrome RC autos in the set, so your odds of pulling a Trout - assuming that there are no SPs and all cards are produced equally - your odds of pulling a Trout from a single box are 1:95.

That's not counting all the parallels, refractors, etc.

That's assuming that single boxes are from a fresh case, i.e. not a case in which a Trout has already been pulled and someone is happy with what they got and are doing a box dump on the rest.

Another 8-second Google search reveals that you can buy a PSA 9 graded Trout right now for $10,000.

So it's your choice ... 7 or 8 random boxes in which you likely won't pull a Trout, or bite the bullet and buy one.

But one thing's for sure ... you can figure all of this out with a Beckett subscription or by doing some Googling on your own.
What? I can get hobby boxes for under $100 not $1300--1600 ....

(05-16-2018, 09:58 AM)Davinci Wrote: What? I can get hobby boxes for under $100 not $1300--1600 ....
Oh boy.

Yes, the regular 2009 Bowman boxes are that much.

If you do not want to pull any Mike Trout cards - because he is not in that set - then buy all of those $100 boxes you can get your hands on.

The 2009 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects boxes are the ones where you could theoretically pull a Trout auto.

They are two different products, released at two different times.

I don't know if I've mentioned this or not, but all of this info is available with a Beckett subscription.

Or Google.

(05-16-2018, 10:26 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Oh boy.

Yes, the regular 2009 Bowman boxes are that much.

If you do not want to pull any Mike Trout cards - because he is not in that set - then buy all of those $100 boxes you can get your hands on.

The 2009 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects boxes are the ones where you could theoretically pull a Trout auto.

They are two different products, released at two different times.

I don't know if I've mentioned this or not, but all of this info is available with a Beckett subscription.

Or Google.
Oh ok. Didnt know it was Bowman Draft and not 2009 Bowman Chrome Hobby

Everyone gave very good answers to this. I can tell you I bought a few boxes of "Draft" several years ago (bargained down the price. They were not as expensive as now because there were so many left and Trout wasn't the hero he is today) and I came up with a great Trout. I got lucky. With that said, look at both PSA and Beckett for the number of cards submitted. I have not done this. This will give you a good idea of what might be left. Also, look in the on-line classifieds in your area. Like "Next Door" and the dozen other neighborhood online selling or garage sale notifications. Or other sites that promote sales of what people might consider worth selling but don't fully know what they have. I have even found "Craig's List" useful. I have found numerous great rookie and pre-rookies of future stars that graded 9.5 and 10. Usually look for a sports cards listing. Most will turnout to be worth next to nothing, but if you make it a hobby you do twice a month like I have, you will find some real gems. These come sometimes from widows cleaning out the house after the husband passed and she just wants to get rid of his things. Most know from their husbands that some of the cards have value but even many of the husbands didn't know what value they truly had in many cases. I've even had moms selling her kids stuff and once came across a great trove of rare rookies in one buy. But most of the time these sales from a kids collection are not in mint shape. You just have to plug away.

Like anything in life. If you want to find that Golden Ring you have to do a lot of digging. eBay will never be helpful for this as nobody is going to let a real Gem Card get away. Stick to outside of the collecting circles. As I said look locally and as some of my friends have done, advertise and be willing to travel a little bit to see collections from people who are not rabid collectors. Stay away from them. Go to those who list baseball cards as one of the things they have up for sale.

I wish you a lot of luck. Let us know how you do!