`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Panini Victory Lane set for 5/30 release - CL info

Panini Victory Lane set for 5/30 release - CL info
I've known about this for a couple of weeks but without a specific release date. Now it seems that it is set for May 23rd. The new product is TOTALLY new. Panini Victory Lane Racing is the name and it looks like nothing they've released in NASCAR so far. It also doesn't look like any release that I know of in other sports. I've also heard that there will only be 4 NASCAR releases this year instead of five. Certified is coming back this year and Spectra will be the last release. Nothing has been mentioned about National Treasures being released this year. VL looks to be the replacement for Torque and is (thankfully) nothing like Torque.

The stats for a box are four 10-card packs for about $95. Two autos and 2 MEM per box, plus 4 parallel cards and 8 insert cards. The product looks really interesting to me, so I think I'll get a box. Check out dacardworld (or other card shops) for pics from the sell-sheet. Panini might have it on their website by now too.

RE: Newest Panini product set for 5/23 release
"Find a Top Six Driver in every (16 box) case."
Translation: The two Auto cards you get will be of Matt DiBenedetto and Paul Menard, and the two Memorabilia cards will be a sweet Kurt Busch Tire piece about 1/2" X 1/2", and a sick Bubba Wallace single color Fire Suit "swatch."

Pardon my cynicism, but I made the mistake of breaking a box of 2017 National Treasures, which I will post soon, and while it seemed to be a pretty good box, I soon realized that a Joey Logano Auto/Mem card #/25 is really not that great of a pull, and a Kurt Busch Auto #/15 is not really any better...
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

(04-12-2018, 07:31 AM)dunnere Wrote: "Find a Top Six Driver in every (16 box) case."
Translation: The two Auto cards you get will be of Matt DiBenedetto and Paul Menard, and the two Memorabilia cards will be a sweet Kurt Busch Tire piece about 1/2" X 1/2", and a sick Bubba Wallace single color Fire Suit "swatch."

Pardon my cynicism, but I made the mistake of breaking a box of 2017 National Treasures, which I will post soon, and while it seemed to be a pretty good box, I soon realized that a Joey Logano Auto/Mem card #/25 is really not that great of a pull, and a Kurt Busch Auto #/15 is not really any better...
Oh I am sure that I'll pull a Kurt Busch hit! I almost always do. He and Kenseth have haunted me for years, even before Panini. I usually pull AU's/RU's of one good driver and one minor driver. But they are rarely ever drivers that I collect.
At least they are dialing prices back down to somewhat reasonable. If the boxes delivered more value, then the prices would be about right. At least they have also toned it down on parallels of inserts. The base cards still have 10 parallels, but the rest are only 3-5.
D&A has boxes of 2016 and 2017 Panini racing cards on sell for $40-50. Those are about the price where those boxes should have started.

I'm really curious about the Spectra release. That is a high-end product. It better be much better than NT has been for the money they'll charge.

You nailed it, Adam...it is about value. I'm good with pulling any ME Series driver, but single color fire suit or tire pieces from boxes priced at $150 is ridiculous...so, yes, it good the price is under $100.

I hope Spectra is better than 2017 NT...that was a pricey lesson...
Looking for:
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

www.dunnere.weebly.com

Yeah, I totally stayed away from NT. I only have 1 card from NT period. It's a 2016 quad MEM JJ card SN15. Three single-color pieces and a 2-color tire in it. I won it on ebay for about $20 shipped. Other than that one, I haven't even tried to get any more NT cards.
I had some good luck today though. I was at Target so OF COURSE I'm buying some cards. They had one box of 2018 Donruss, 4 boxes of 2017 Absolute and 1 marked-down box of 2016 Torque. Since I've bought no boxes of 2018 Donruss, I knew the chances of duplicates were pretty slim. I pulled 2-3 cards of drivers I collect from each pack except the first and last pack. They book-ended the break with one Bayne card each. The last one was the 'hit' and it's NOT a single-color. It's sheetmetal with part of the M.E. LOGO! I'll post a breakdown this weekend.

I got info from my wholesale connection confirming the release date. If I can get them through him, it'll cost me $81 + shipping per box. I just might get two boxes at that price.

I put in my order for 2 hobby boxes last night. I couldn't resist. It looks too good for me to pass on @ $81/box. I won't get a shot at that price until at least after the next release comes out in the summer/fall.

Also, ALL AU's are on-card. I didn't mention that in earlier posts. Victory Lane appears to still be on schedule to release 5/23.

(05-04-2018, 09:24 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: I put in my order for 2 hobby boxes last night. I couldn't resist. It looks too good for me to pass on @ $81/box. I won't get a shot at that price until at least after the next release comes out in the summer/fall.

Also, ALL AU's are on-card. I didn't mention that in earlier posts. Victory Lane appears to still be on schedule to release 5/23.
Nice...good luck on your boxes.
Looking for:
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

www.dunnere.weebly.com

(05-04-2018, 10:52 PM)dunnere Wrote: Nice...good luck on your boxes.
Thanks. If you are interested in a box at that price, info is on the other racing site.

I'm also thinking about getting a box of 2009 Showcase. D&A has them on sale $50 off until Monday. I've wanted another box of that since I broke my 1st one in 2010. I just couldn't agree with the price. Value on the first release of Showcase has held up well over the years, so I might go for a box at $180.

(05-05-2018, 08:14 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: Thanks. If you are interested in a box at that price, info is on the other racing site.

I'm also thinking about getting a box of 2009 Showcase. D&A has them on sale $50 off until Monday. I've wanted another box of that since I broke my 1st one in 2010. I just couldn't agree with the price. Value on the first release of Showcase has held up well over the years, so I might go for a box at $180.
I am going to pass on getting a box right now...I think I am going to get a few more boxes of Absolute. It is a good value at the price point.

I saw those boxes of Showcase at that price point, so I did a little eBay research. That's only 3 hits for $180, and while I know there is a Dale Sr. Buy Back Auto in that product, and Gordon, Johnson, Stewart, Dale Jr., and Mark Martin Autos and stuff, there is also a lot of Juan Pablo Montoya, David Stremme, Sam Hornish, Jeff Burton, and Greg Biffle cards. Too much risk for me...for around $180 you can buy:
- Jeff Gordon Auto ELITE EXHIBIT INK 16/45 ($90)

- Jeff Gordon/Jimmie Johnson race used lot of (BO ~ $50)
2009 Showcase firesuit /25
2009 showcase sheet metal /45
Eclipse firesuit 01/25

- KYLE BUSCH Prized Pieces Ink /45 ($60)

and a bunch of Inserts.

I don't want any more Juan Pablo Montoya cards, or any Sam Hornish cards...Of course, I bought two boxes of 2017 NT, so who am I to say anything? LOL
Looking for:
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

www.dunnere.weebly.com