`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
? on shipping cheaper card in PWE

RE: ? on shipping cheaper card in PWE
(03-17-2018, 09:22 PM)mswatson Wrote: $2.66?? For me in the states to send a bubble mailer to Canada is now $10US minimum. For that reason, I won't do trades / send cards valuing less than the cost of postage, unless you really, really have to have it and are willing to receive it in a toploader in a PWE. And a jersey card should absolutely never be sent that way, it'll flex and crease in the mailstream (I've got a stack of ruined jersey cards sent to me in just a toploader, even in bubble mailers).

All that said, I've received hundreds of single, regular cards (not thick cards) sent in toploaders and PWEs over the years, and can't remember ever getting one that was damaged en route, so I think it's probably OK for a single, regular thickness card virtually all the time (watch, now I've jinxed myself and I'll get a pile of damaged cards!!). And I've never gotten an empty envelope where the card and toploader escaped along the way, but I'd be concerned that it could happen.
IF you are mailing from the US to Canada you can send a bubble mailer with a couple of cards in it still for 2.50. Just have to say they are documents and have a value of ZERO if using Paypal shipping or just put 2.50 in stamps on it. I have been doing that since Jan with no problem.

I never have had a card damaged that was sent to me in a PWE nor have I had a buyer-- I sell on the bay-- say he received a damaged card. Only card I have ever received damaged was a patch card with a decoy card on both sides shipped in a bubble mailer that got bent.

(03-18-2018, 09:39 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: IF you are mailing from the US to Canada you can send a bubble mailer with a couple of cards in it still for 2.50. Just have to say they are documents and have a value of ZERO if using Paypal shipping or just put 2.50 in stamps on it.
That doesn't work for me at my post office (maybe I should try a different one...) - and I'm guessing you skip the customs form too? and that you put the cards in a toploader?
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

(03-19-2018, 09:46 AM)mswatson Wrote: That doesn't work for me at my post office (maybe I should try a different one...) - and I'm guessing you skip the customs form too? and that you put the cards in a toploader?
If you use paypal shipping and mark it as a document on the customs form with a value of ZERO that is what I do. I also use a drop box and DO NOT hand it to a postal employee as they will change it even if they don't need to. Just putting 2.50 in stamps on it should work also because if an item is less than 16 and is just documents no customs form is needed anyways.

What do you input as the description when you select "Document"? Thanks.

(03-21-2018, 10:06 AM)shierydana Wrote: What do you input as the description when you select "Document"? Thanks.
I have been just putting down "cards"

(03-18-2018, 09:39 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: IF you are mailing from the US to Canada you can send a bubble mailer with a couple of cards in it still for 2.50. Just have to say they are documents and have a value of ZERO if using Paypal shipping or just put 2.50 in stamps on it. I have been doing that since Jan with no problem.
And now I can't send one to Canada for 2.50 using paypal. won't let me. So will just put a 2.50 stamp on it and see how long till I get one back. Can ship to Canada if under 16 ounce without customs form if you are saying they are not merchandise so just do not put an invoice in the package.

Packages I would mail with a PWE would be just regular thickness cards.