`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Fair Trade or Lopsided?

Fair Trade or Lopsided?
I'm in the process of selling my basketball and baseball card collection. I have someone who offered me $115 for the following cards
2010-11 Donruss Signatures #203 Kobe Bryant Auto/49 - BV$200
1996 Stadium Club Kobe Bryant RC Rookies PSA 10 - BV$?
1996 Fleer Metal #181 Kobe Bryant RC PSA 10 -
2007-08 Upper Deck Electric Court Gold #234 Kevin Durant RC PSA 9 BV$50?
2010 SP Authentic By the Letter #L-SA Steve Alford Auto/149 BV$25
and 3 Kevin Garnett Jersey Cards, World Leaders BV$10, a Upper Deck Dual Game Materials BV$10 & Hardcourt Materials BV$10
Sounds lopsided to me..advice..insight?

Attached Files
.docx   advice.docx (Size: 12.35 KB / Downloads: 11)

RE: Fair Trade or Lopsided?
It is a bit light. But that really depends on how you view graded cards, specifically psa cards. If you sold everything individually you would get more that 119, but much more effort, time, etc. Id give you 120 if that helps ha
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

Imo, you are always going to get less if you sell cards in a lot rather than separately. It really just depends on if you are willing to go through the hassle of selling things piece by piece.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Yeah seams low to me, I'd give you 150$
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

(03-16-2018, 10:01 PM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: Yeah seams low to me, I'd give you 150$
But getting rid of everything at once does carry a premium, and you put that price on it yourself. (Take the $150 if you can get it!)
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

As with any trade or sale, I would say that if you are happy with it, it's a good deal.

By virtue of you asking the question, that tells me you're not.

If you really need the money and/or don't care about the cards, go for it!

You could also post it on the bay for sale, with the Kobe auto as the headliner. I would also include pictures of each card separately.

A little more work and time, but you might get closer to what you're looking for.

Well as everyone else said, I think it is too low. For example the Kobe Auto alone recently sold for $84 at auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Panini-Don...SwdTJaWi5r

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(03-20-2018, 12:07 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: Well as everyone else said, I think it is too low. For example the Kobe Auto alone recently sold for $84 at auction.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Panini-Don...SwdTJaWi5r
It sold for $84+$3 S&H in January, 3 more have sold since at $104 + $3 S&H, $100 + $5.50 S&H, and $94 + $3 S&H. So I would expect an average sale price of $100 shipped for that Kobe auto.

I understand taking less for a lot of cards, but you have to consider what's in the lot and how much less you would be taking. Also, this isn't some HUGE lot with a bunch of throw-ins. The 2 graded PSA 10 Kobe rookies would add at least another $50-$60. So selling for anywhere under $150 is leaving way too much on the table. Selling at $150 is essentially throwing in the remaining cards (aside from the 2 PSA RCs and auto) in for free. Heck that Durant is another $25 eBay resell. The rest aren't worth much, so as a lot I would probably ask $175 for the lot, and might accept $150-$160, but nothing much less than that.
Consider this, if you listed the top 4 cards on eBay you would easily get $175 individually. Now you would pay fees and individual shipping costs, so let's deduct 20% and that still leaves you with $140.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(03-20-2018, 10:25 AM)djohn Wrote: It sold for $84+$3 S&H in January, 3 more have sold since at $104 + $3 S&H, $100 + $5.50 S&H, and $94 + $3 S&H. So I would expect an average sale price of $100 shipped for that Kobe auto.

I understand taking less for a lot of cards, but you have to consider what's in the lot and how much less you would be taking. Also, this isn't some HUGE lot with a bunch of throw-ins. The 2 graded PSA 10 Kobe rookies would add at least another $50-$60. So selling for anywhere under $150 is leaving way too much on the table. Selling at $150 is essentially throwing in the remaining cards (aside from the 2 PSA RCs and auto) in for free. Heck that Durant is another $25 eBay resell. The rest aren't worth much, so as a lot I would probably ask $175 for the lot, and might accept $150-$160, but nothing much less than that.
Consider this, if you listed the top 4 cards on eBay you would easily get $175 individually. Now you would pay fees and individual shipping costs, so let's deduct 20% and that still leaves you with $140.
I didnt do much research, but you think a PSA 10 of a mass produced mid-90's card is going to bring 2-3x of the ungraded nm-mt BOOK value? I would be shocked if they brought that much.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

Just say no. Take the time to sell in smaller groups or sell individually.
Photobucket