`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Matt Kenseth and the 2018 NASCAR season

RE: Matt Kenseth and the 2018 NASCAR season
(08-04-2017, 07:38 PM)dunnere Wrote: SHR does not renew Kurt Busch's contract, so he becomes a free agent...hello, Furniture Row.

Look for the announcement that Matt Kenseth gets the 41 ride, real soon...

Still no word on Danica...she better get a big sponsor deal, though...just saying...
It's not exactly that they didn't renew it. They didn't pick up the option for 2018 in his contract. Same thing, but slightly different. They could still sign him as a free agent though. SHR has said they want him. They might re-sign him for less money than the original contract would have given him if they took the option year. With their sponsorship issues, that would make the most sense for next year. Kenseth or Kahne would both be good fits for the 41 also. Both were quite successful in Fords with RFR and RPM, respectively.

Danica COULD possibly sponsor herself for a few races next year. She has her clothing line and her winery. Other drivers have done similar sponsorships before. She wants to race and if that could help her stay in the car, it's a possibility. I'm not saying it will happen, but things get crazier every year in NASCAR now.
Martinsville just announced that the October race has changed sponsors from what was listed early this year. Now it will be the "First Bank 500" and that company signed on for the next 2 October races as well.

Ah, semantics, Adam...by not picking up the option on Kurt Busch, they are allowing him to go sign on to that open spot with Furniture Row...

They are not signing him again as a free agent...they are essentially saying that they do not think he has a chance to win the Chase in 2017 (and, my speculation is that they are figuring that Logano gets a win and bumps Kenseth out of the Chase completely).

As for Danica...you think she's going to run a Somnium wine car in 2018? LOL No way. But I hear you, and I looked at again...so, even though she screwed up the Nature's Bakery deal, Aspen Dental loves her, and Code 3 loves SHR, and Mobil 1 and Haas Automation fill in a lot of blanks, she's probably running the 10 car again in 2018.

Unless Aspen Dental loves Matt Kenseth even more...LOL
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

(08-05-2017, 07:02 AM)dunnere Wrote: Ah, semantics, Adam...by not picking up the option on Kurt Busch, they are allowing him to go sign on to that open spot with Furniture Row...

They are not signing him again as a free agent...they are essentially saying that they do not think he has a chance to win the Chase in 2017 (and, my speculation is that they are figuring that Logano gets a win and bumps Kenseth out of the Chase completely).

As for Danica...you think she's going to run a Somnium wine car in 2018? LOL No way. But I hear you, and I looked at again...so, even though she screwed up the Nature's Bakery deal, Aspen Dental loves her, and Code 3 loves SHR, and Mobil 1 and Haas Automation fill in a lot of blanks, she's probably running the 10 car again in 2018.

Unless Aspen Dental loves Matt Kenseth even more...LOL
I didn't say she'll sponsor her whole season, just a race or three if needed. Big Grin

Did you see the tweet from SHR shortly after reports came out that they weren't picking up the option? They basically said We want Kurt. That doesn't mean they will get him, but I assume they will try to work out a new deal. I doubt we'll hear anything about Kurt and/or the 41 car until after the season.

(08-05-2017, 09:47 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: I didn't say she'll sponsor her whole season, just a race or three if needed. Big Grin
LOL - I was just messing with you. We both know it will be her Warrior clothing line that sponsors her car...

As for the 41...my take is this: if SHR really wanted Kurt Busch, the would have tied him up. If they don't think he can maintain the Monster Energy sponsorship, then they cut him loose and try to secure that sponsor another way.

Because he made the Chase, we probably will not hear much until after the first round, and if he is just racing the last six races, then I'm betting we get an announcement before the season is over...

Looking for:
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

www.dunnere.weebly.com

It's finally official. Kahne will not be back in the #5 car in 2018. So we are up to 3 high-profile free agents that need a car to drive next year.

* I've heard that Chris Buescher expects to stay in the #37 JTG car next year. However, if RFR decides to field a 3rd car, they could take him from JTG as Chris is on loan to them (just as Blaney was to Wood Bros).
* Almirola could be out at RPM also but not too likely. RPM also might field a 2nd car next year.
* I've also heard that Gallagher Motorsports is looking into moving up to the Cup Series next year. If it makes sense financially, they will move up with at least one car. They already have an alliance with HMS and JR Motorsports for engines and such. If GMS moves up, they want to be a 2-car team.

Silly season continues!

All but announced that William Byron is getting the #5 ride...I told you that Kahne was going to be out...

I don't know what to think about the 43...did you hear something about Almirola?
Looking for:
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

www.dunnere.weebly.com

*Byron was announced today as the 2018 driver for the #5 car.

As for Almirola, I think his contract ends at the end of the season. Smithfield is still signed on for another year or two and Almirola has close ties with them. I think it was just speculation that he might be out just b/c there's been no news of a contract extension or new contract for him.

As I said earlier, Buescher WILL stay in the #37 car. He signed a multi-year contract to stay at JTG Daugherty.

(08-20-2017, 07:05 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: As I said earlier, Buescher WILL stay in the #37 car. He signed a multi-year contract to stay at JTG Daugherty.
He needs to break the top 15 already...
Looking for:
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

www.dunnere.weebly.com

(08-21-2017, 06:57 AM)dunnere Wrote: He needs to break the top 15 already...
I never thought he should have come up to the Cup Series so soon anyway.