`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Panini Honors box break

Panini Honors box break
When I first heard about this product I wanted to buy some. I was able to get my LCS to get a box in for me, however after opening it I wish that he wouldn't have been able to. I had seen some great breaks at first and got really excited, then the past few days while waiting for the box to arrive I found some pretty bad breaks. Mine definitely falls into that bad break category. Here is what I got:

Base: Jordan Reed #'d/99
Rookie Autograph: Tyler Boyd #'d/99
Recollection Autograph: Sterling Sharpe #'d 67/84 (original card is a 2008 Donruss Silver Signatures)

I thought the Recollection cards were either non-autographed cards that were autographed for this set or original Autographed cards that weren't re-serial numbered because their inherent value was already really high. Considering the box price, I don't think I even came close to half the value of a box.
Sadly, the LCS got 2 boxes in, so now I have to hope someone else buys the other box before I get tempted enough to gamble the money on it.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Panini Honors box break
Honors was kindof a cool concept but they kinda ruined it. So what happens if someone has a wild idea of taking the cards out of the cases or the panini stickers come off. Do those cards become worthless? Cause they are altered original cards?

yeah, i feel for you, its very hit or miss. Apparently floating around out there is a Brady contenders rookie and a manning contenders rookie as well.
I collect Eddie George, Marcus Mariota, Derrick Henry, Corey Davis and other titans
my bucket
http://s608.photobucket.com/user/aussiet...n/library/

[Image: Header_Mariota_zpsddsop4z4.jpg][/URL]

(03-13-2017, 04:57 AM)titansaussiefan Wrote: yeah, i feel for you, its very hit or miss. Apparently floating around out there is a Brady contenders rookie and a manning contenders rookie as well.
Yea, and all of the Passing the Torch autographs including Walter Payton and many other greats. I have seen a Gridiron Kings Auto of Walter Payton come from a box break online and a bunch of other great cards, plus the list of possible cards is pretty long so I was stoked at the chance to pull some good stuff. However as I showed that wasn't the case for the box I opened.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

Ouch sorry !
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Well shoot i didnt think it was that bad, if you want to trade the Sharp I will take it!!

uote='djohn' pid='2656000' dateline='1489366814']
When I first heard about this product I wanted to buy some. I was able to get my LCS to get a box in for me, however after opening it I wish that he wouldn't have been able to. I had seen some great breaks at first and got really excited, then the past few days while waiting for the box to arrive I found some pretty bad breaks. Mine definitely falls into that bad break category. Here is what I got:

Base: Jordan Reed #'d/99
Rookie Autograph: Tyler Boyd #'d/99
Recollection Autograph: Sterling Sharpe #'d 67/84 (original card is a 2008 Donruss Silver Signatures)

I thought the Recollection cards were either non-autographed cards that were autographed for this set or original Autographed cards that weren't re-serial numbered because their inherent value was already really high. Considering the box price, I don't think I even came close to half the value of a box.
Sadly, the LCS got 2 boxes in, so now I have to hope someone else buys the other box before I get tempted enough to gamble the money on it.
[/quote]

*****READ***READ***READ***READ***READ*****
:IdeaIdea:
I do not guarantee fast shipping.
I usually ship on Saturdays.

(03-19-2017, 06:09 PM)largent0073299775 Wrote: Well shoot i didnt think it was that bad, if you want to trade the Sharp I will take it!!
When you consider that the resell value is only around $50 total and the boxes sell for around $200, then you might not think it was that good. That being said I am going to keep the Sharpe, since I don't already have an autograph of his.

(03-19-2017, 07:27 PM)djohn Wrote: When you consider that the resell value is only around $50 total and the boxes sell for around $200, then you might not think it was that good. That being said I am going to keep the Sharpe, since I don't already have an autograph of his.
Yeah i guess since i have never sold a card i dont look at it from a re sell point of view. Cool yeah that Sharp i bet is nice!

(03-21-2017, 01:58 PM)largent0073299775 Wrote: Yeah i guess since i have never sold a card i dont look at it from a re sell point of view. Cool yeah that Sharp i bet is nice!
I understand that, and I don't usually sell my cards that often either. Though I may be selling a bunch soon. That being said, I usually compare the resell value to see if I would've been better off simply buying the cards outright instead of buying the box. In this case I would've saved nearly $150 of the $200 I spent for the box, so it definitely hurts. Here is a picture of the same Sharpe card that I pulled. As I said, it's nothing more than an already autographed card that was bought back and simply hand serial numbered to 84. I would've been significantly happier if it was a card that wasn't originally signed and then the signature and serial number was added, or if it was a extremely rare card and simply encased in one-touch with the "Panini Honors" sticker on the top.
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]

Now here is the interesting thing. According to Beckett the original card, 2008 Donruss Playoff Silver Signatures #SS, was limited to 143 (non-serial numbered cards). Supposedly they were all held back and only issued as replacements on redemptions. Thus I have to wonder if Panini just finally found a use for the stack of these cards that had been sitting around for a few years.

(03-22-2017, 11:37 AM)djohn Wrote: I understand that, and I don't usually sell my cards that often either. Though I may be selling a bunch soon. That being said, I usually compare the resell value to see if I would've been better off simply buying the cards outright instead of buying the box. In this case I would've saved nearly $150 of the $200 I spent for the box, so it definitely hurts. Here is a picture of the same Sharpe card that I pulled. As I said, it's nothing more than an already autographed card that was bought back and simply hand serial numbered to 84. I would've been significantly happier if it was a card that wasn't originally signed and then the signature and serial number was added, or if it was a extremely rare card and simply encased in one-touch with the "Panini Honors" sticker on the top.
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]

Now here is the interesting thing. According to Beckett the original card, 2008 Donruss Playoff Silver Signatures #SS, was limited to 143 (non-serial numbered cards). Supposedly they were all held back and only issued as replacements on redemptions. Thus I have to wonder if Panini just finally found a use for the stack of these cards that had been sitting around for a few years.
Yeah i see your point, i do like the card though.