`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious Question & Possible Issue

Serious Question & Possible Issue
As an avid Philadelphia Eagles fan the draft was Carson Wentz has been huge. However adding him to my PC is difficult due to prices being through the roof. But I just noticed something that is quite upsetting. A large number of his patch cards contain round patches. However based on the font used on his last name and wearing number 11 where could they have come from. There are NO rounded pieces in number or lettering anywhere on a Wentz jersey. And it is far too spread to be all fakers messing with the cards. There are actually more curved patches than straight. So I'm reaching out to see if anyone can answer this or are card companies duping us? I've attached example cards and pictures of his actual jersey.

[Image: Wentz_zps8gda1boy.png]
[Image: wentz%202_zpsstydsbu8.jpg]
Always looking for Philadelphia Eagles of any era.
My Bucket For Trades

RE: Serious Question & Possible Issue
With six games to his career, we know there aren't a lot of jerseys to choose from. You're very observant, Scott, and absolutely right! Perhaps card companies are even less honest than we thought?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

The round pieces are puzzling.

Personally I have steered away from auto/patches and just hammered down on autos. It's tough looking at a cool patch and immediately thinking, where did this come from.

The patch may be from the equipment guys shirt. The "event" in event worm was that guy doing the team's laundry lol.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

The curves could be from 88 jerseys that are worn at photo shoots or 00 quite possibly.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(10-24-2016, 07:06 PM)ft28jags Wrote: The curves could be from 88 jerseys that are worn at photo shoots or 00 quite possibly.
THIS.

Also, the jerseys he wore for the photoshoot most likely didn't have his name on them, but instead said "2016 NFL ROOKIES"...or something to that effect..
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

But the jersey he wore at the NFL premiere where they do the photos card signing as get the gear for cards from has him wearing 11 with his name. I haven't sank money into these cards but I watch the auctions. People are dropping big bucks and I think card companies are pulling a fast one.
Always looking for Philadelphia Eagles of any era.
My Bucket For Trades

(10-24-2016, 06:10 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: The patch may be from the equipment guys shirt. The "event" in event worm was that guy doing the team's laundry lol.
That's hilarious!

My son is a huge Eagles fan, I just decided to start putting together an auto set for him, but now I might as well wait till the market cools off. Or I just get lucky.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

Like ft28jags said, it's 00 or maybe 88. A good number of early Alshon Jeffery rookie patch cards (he is 17) had curved patches that were the size that only come from numbers with 00 or 88. Happens when guys are drafted but before assigned a jersey #.

My son is a huge Eagles fan, I just decided to start putting together an auto set for him, but now I might as well wait till the market cools off. Or I just get lucky.
[/quote]

I think you can get some past Eagle players at decent prices plus they have a good story to go with them

1). Ron Jaworski - ESPN nerd ( has an auto in Impeccable)

2). Randal Cunningham - seems like he was 20 years too early

3) Vince Papali - a good "anything is possible" story

4;Herm Edwards - miracle in the meadowlands

Lastly my favorite Eagle besides Reggie is Concrete Charlie

My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

(10-24-2016, 09:32 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: My son is a huge Eagles fan, I just decided to start putting together an auto set for him, but now I might as well wait till the market cools off. Or I just get lucky.
I think you can get some past Eagle players at decent prices plus they have a good story to go with them

1). Ron Jaworski - ESPN nerd ( has an auto in Impeccable)

2). Randal Cunningham - seems like he was 20 years too early

3) Vince Papali - a good "anything is possible" story

4;Herm Edwards - miracle in the meadowlands

Lastly my favorite Eagle besides Reggie is Concrete Charlie
[/quote]
I appreciate this alot! thanks. I was thinking of this year, but would be much wiser and better for my budget for this list instead! Great idea!
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]