`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just say no to washing cards. (a.k.a. Looking for Pokemon)

Just say no to washing cards. (a.k.a. Looking for Pokemon)
So I apparently washed and dried a billion dollars worth of my kid's Pokemon cards in his gym shorts pocket today, the replacement of which will apparently take three hundred years, an arm, a leg, two ribs, a kidney and the tinkling braid from a freshly mowed down Dothraki. Since I am sharing the fault on this life changing catastrophe, I'm going to try and help piece his collection back together. Anyone out there have cards for trade or sale? Got boatloads of MtG stuff, and tons of hockey stuff, etc., for trade, would be willing to buy as long as it's at a reasonable price, or if you just feel like donating to the "Pretty sure I just crippled a child's soul" card collection, that would be great. This is a serious bummer, and although I can't condone the storage method, I still want to help him fix it.

I added a list of his wants to my ORG just to see what I can get going, but I'm always up for trading rarer inserts, parallels, rookies, etc., for higher end gaming stuff (both Pokemon and MtG). Let's get some deals going!
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

RE: Just say no to washing cards.
Hilarious ..... but sad. Give up on the collecting, you have wonderful author skills (LOL) ... What a great way to start the day, with a belly laugh that you provided. Feel bad for your young lad, as I can relate (5 grand children) . They have a few Pokeman cards, but you wouldn't want them . An hour after I purchased them , they had more creases then an Oriental fan .......
Will certainly donate anything I can run across . Hope your son can recover from this Laundry tragedy , but it appears he may require some card replacement counselling.
..... deleger22@hotmail.com

My kids and I have a few thousand doubles in the Pokemon card department, and I am sure that we can spare a few, Chris. Poor guy! Let me know what he likes, and I will give you a hand. There are a few in my Org., but the majority of them are not. Best wishes, and I look forward to helping your boy out!

Randi

(10-06-2016, 08:07 AM)cards2trade Wrote: Hilarious ..... but sad. Give up on the collecting, you have wonderful author skills (LOL) ... What a great way to start the day, with a belly laugh that you provided. Feel bad for your young lad, as I can relate (5 grand children) . They have a few Pokeman cards, but you wouldn't want them . An hour after I purchased them , they had more creases then an Oriental fan .......
Will certainly donate anything I can run across . Hope your son can recover from this Laundry tragedy , but it appears he may require some card replacement counselling.
Yeah, he brought his prized stuff in to school to show his friends, but he's learning the hard way that maybe sleeves and a card box would have kept this from happening. He'll survive, I just threw in on a month subscription so I can make some trades here and there to piece it together. Every one was a rare, foil, EX, hullabaloo, so I'm sure it'll be great fun trying to get them all back. And by fun I mean not any fun at all. Good news is, I've got my cards back, and I'll be trading again!

(10-06-2016, 09:02 AM)rayeates Wrote: My kids and I have a few thousand doubles in the Pokemon card department, and I am sure that we can spare a few, Chris. Poor guy! Let me know what he likes, and I will give you a hand. There are a few in my Org., but the majority of them are not. Best wishes, and I look forward to helping your boy out!

Randi
Thanks Randi, I grabbed a month long sub and hope to wipe out as much of his list I can. I'll have a look at what you've got, and post up a list when he finishes putting it together. All the cards fronts are still visible, so we know exactly what he lost, and he's writing it all down now.

I've got a bunch of Pokes too, but not listed in org. Went to look at your org to see what you want, but don't see any, all I can see is 18 hockey cards....
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

(10-10-2016, 07:48 PM)mswatson Wrote: I've got a bunch of Pokes too, but not listed in org. Went to look at your org to see what you want, but don't see any, all I can see is 18 hockey cards....
Yeah, haven't had a chance to put a want list together for him yet. Have you got a list of what you have? I'm pretty sure they're all rare or foil cards. He wrote a list of them, but there are so many different sets and variations on the site, it'll take me a bit to put it together.

RE: Just say no to washing cards. (a.k.a. Looking for Pokemon)
No, I haven't taken the time to list them out, but what I have is pretty much from the earliest to about 2008, anything newer than that I don't have, if that helps.
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

(10-11-2016, 07:31 PM)mswatson Wrote: No, I haven't taken the time to list them out, but what I have is pretty much from the earliest to about 2008, anything newer than that I don't have, if that helps.
I think it's fixed now. It was set to private for some reason.

Wish I had something for you but my daughter is only 2 so she is not into this stuff just yet.

Hope you can track them down. If there are a couple I could buy for you let me know. I still owe you from our last deal.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

(10-12-2016, 11:13 AM)snobles Wrote: Wish I had something for you but my daughter is only 2 so she is not into this stuff just yet.

Hope you can track them down. If there are a couple I could buy for you let me know. I still owe you from our last deal.
Shoot me a PM, you might be able to help! I found a nice lot of four decent cards that he needs on the 'Bay, depending on what you'd like to help out with. Can't remember exactly what you "owe" me, I remember the Roy deal, but wasn't all that concerned with the difference, so you'd have to remind me.