`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BGS results

BGS results
I will get these back on Monday. Was hoping for better grades but not a big deal because these are part of the (PC) permanent collection.
This Emmitt graded 8.5 / 10
[Image: IMG_20160421_150911842_zpsnylkq6sa.jpg]
This Derrick Thomas graded 9 / 10.
[Image: Derrick%20Thomas_zpsdeyexhvr.jpg]

Going to grade my Jack Ham and Roger Staubach autos next.

My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

RE: BGS results
Sweet stuff! Congrats!
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

To be honest, unless you plan on flipping them, I have always found grading to be a profound waste of money. You just bought two very expensive card cases.
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]

(06-25-2016, 11:12 PM)c squared Wrote: You just bought two very expensive card cases.
...that will protect your cards forever and look sharp doing it. I personally see grading to flip as a waste of money. Why should I pay for that service if you want the card? I've also never understood why, when I buy a house, I need to pay to get the land surveyed. I am basically paying someone to prove what I'm buying. I've always thought the seller should prove to me what I'm buying - not the other way around. So, I only get PC cards graded. It's just my own opinion on things.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(06-26-2016, 06:51 AM)jonathani Wrote: ...that will protect your cards forever and look sharp doing it. I personally see grading to flip as a waste of money. Why should I pay for that service if you want the card? I've also never understood why, when I buy a house, I need to pay to get the land surveyed. I am basically paying someone to prove what I'm buying. I've always thought the seller should prove to me what I'm buying - not the other way around. So, I only get PC cards graded. It's just my own opinion on things.
Sellers get cards graded to increase their value. A Beckett forum member transformed a $0.50 (if that) Roger Craig RC into a real-life $750 card in just weeks. A 9.5 grade can transform a $1,000 Tom Brady RC into a $10,000 card. A seller could never create those margins with the simple promise that their cards are mint.

If you already own the card and have no plans to sell it, then yes, you sunk $26 into a sharp-looking case and a thumbs-up from Beckett.

(06-27-2016, 09:18 AM)c squared Wrote: Sellers get cards graded to increase their value. A Beckett forum member transformed a $0.50 (if that) Roger Craig RC into a real-life $750 card in just weeks. A 9.5 grade can transform a $1,000 Tom Brady RC into a $10,000 card. A seller could never create those margins with the simple promise that their cards are mint.

If you already own the card and have no plans to sell it, then yes, you sunk $26 into a sharp-looking case and a thumbs-up from Beckett.
Yes, I put money into something I already own. Chances are you have done the same, cars, homes, etc.

My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

(06-27-2016, 05:43 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: Yes, I put money into something I already own. Chances are you have done the same, cars, homes, etc.
Cars are functional, depreciable assets that require maintenance. Trading cards are not.

As a person who has lurked this site for 15 years, I have seen a lot of people waste money through misguided investments and look back in regret. If I was still a collector, I would put $100 towards more cards, not four plastic slabs for cards I already own.

Nice stuff! The Immaculate is sharp, even if the graders didn't agree :p I personally like getting my cards graded when I have the money too. My personal preference. Good luck on the next subs!