`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New trader question

New trader question
Hey folks. I'm curious if my annoyance is unreasonable here, so I figured I'd ask the hivemind for an overall consensus. As a new trader, I typically check feedback and send first if requested (and have already made some good trades). About a week and a half ago, I made a trade, and it arrived to the trader (whom I won't name just yet) last Tuesday. The following day, I saw the card being offered up for trade on the forums, which seemed really strange to me as he still hadn't shipped. I didn't hear anything until Friday (when I messaged asking what was up), when I was told shipment would occur Saturday. Still no shipment. So...TL;DR version:

1. Do you think it's kinda bad form to post a card up for trading when you've not yet shipped the return package? I feel like this could be "fishing for value", potentially leading to a "return".

2. How long do you wait before you start getting antsy about someone shipping?

3. Is it odd to have to ask someone to mark something as received and leave feedback?
Collecting:
Always open to prospect AUs. If leaving an Open Offer for a scarce card, please mention a valuation. Smile

MLB - Nolan Ryan, Griffey Jr., Trout, Kris Bryant
NBA - LeBron, Jordan
NFL - Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas Cowboys

RE: New trader question
I will try to stay short and simple.

1. Do you think it's kinda bad form to post a card up for trading when you've not yet shipped the return package? I feel like this could be "fishing for value", potentially leading to a "return". Yes, absolutely.

2. How long do you wait before you start getting antsy about someone shipping? I question approximately 3 days after I've shipped unless trader has already communicated with me circumstances.

3. Is it odd to have to ask someone to mark something as received and leave feedback? All I can say to this one is I find myself doing this a lot but don't hesitate to do so. Sometimes traders just forget.

1.No one should be posting cards just received in a trade until that trade is okay'ed by both parties and the deal is concluded. I personally don't care if the guys I normally trade with do because I know if anything goes wrong with receiving my end, they will be more than happy to make the situation right.

2.Usually 2-3 days is enough time for someone to ship but it isn't unheard of for it to go longer. But, some form of communication should have taken place discussing said topic.

3. Are they asking you to mark as received?

(02-01-2016, 06:17 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: 1.No one should be posting cards just received in a trade until that trade is okay'ed by both parties and the deal is concluded. I personally don't care if the guys I normally trade with do because I know if anything goes wrong with receiving my end, they will be more than happy to make the situation right.

2.Usually 2-3 days is enough time for someone to ship but it isn't unheard of for it to go longer. But, some form of communication should have taken place discussing said topic.

3. Are they asking you to mark as received?
RE: 3 - Nope. I'd be raising a large fuss if that was asked.
Collecting:
Always open to prospect AUs. If leaving an Open Offer for a scarce card, please mention a valuation. Smile

NBA - LeBron, Jordan

Ah, I see. Some traders hold your feedback hostage to wait to see what you write. Bull ***** move.

(02-01-2016, 06:23 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Ah, I see. Some traders hold your feedback hostage to wait to see what you write. Bull ***** move.
Eeesh. Yea. That'd be a 1-and-done for me.

I should probably mention that the worst part of this...my outbound was a 1/1. >.<

If someone were trading me a 1/1, I'd probably make a bigger effort to ship quickly in return. ESPECIALLY if I required them to ship first.

Glad to see I'm not being unreasonable here though.
Collecting:

NBA - LeBron, Jordan

Yeah, offering up the card for trade before even shipping is not great form. I can understand it taking 2 or 3 days to ship (or longer if their area has been hit by bad weather), but I don't think it's unreasonable to check in and see what's going on. As far as marking received and (especially) feedback, I usually do feedback in big chunks once I've done like 25 trades, so I can need reminding, but if a new trader needs the feedback, I don't mind being prodded to leave it more directly. Hope you get this all resolved. Cheers.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

tough situation. if you still dont get the cards in a reasonable time i would reveal the name to a seasoned trader to ask if they are "reputable" or not. hope it all works out for ya.

1. Do you think it's kinda bad form to post a card up for trading when you've not yet shipped the return package? I feel like this could be "fishing for value", potentially leading to a "return".
Yes totally bad form in my opinion.

2. How long do you wait before you start getting antsy about someone shipping?
I would say 3 days is the most I'd wait before inquiring about. I believe communication is critical when trading or any kind of dealing in cards so I always up when I ship or receive. Only wish everyone else would take the extra 90 seconds to do the same.

3. Is it odd to have to ask someone to mark something as received and leave feedback?
NO not at all as it should be expected when trading or using a trade manager.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

Hey folks - thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it.

After posting it, the trader did get back to me and told me his son is sick. Still has not shipped, and I will probably "name names" if it doesn't by next week. I'm overly patient, but the post office really isn't that hard to swing into. >.>
Collecting:

NBA - LeBron, Jordan