`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
PC additions - June additions at #292

RE: Standing PC additions - An update 2 months in the making
(11-22-2015, 12:02 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Thanks! I've been really trying to be pickier about my pickups. I still pick up some blasters here and there and if a product is coming out and it's got a good Twins checklist, I'll probably start buying boxes. But for right now, I'm really liking what I can get for singles. There's some good deals to be had if you've got the patience.
I'm right there with you, Jared! My retail purchasing is down. I've limited myself as to the amount of retail blasters I'm opening. My funds are going to be very limited the next several months so if I spend $20 on a blaster or $20 on a nice PC auto, I think my money is better spent on single card pickups.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Funny how that works, isn't it? I think we all love the rush of opening packs and pulling that one card you've been looking for. It's the thrill of the hunt and it's a big reason I got into this hobby. But at the same time, while you don't get that same rush, there's something satisfying about just getting what you want without having to wade through all the garbage on the way.
Kepler

(11-22-2015, 11:29 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Funny how that works, isn't it? I think we all love the rush of opening packs and pulling that one card you've been looking for. It's the thrill of the hunt and it's a big reason I got into this hobby. But at the same time, while you don't get that same rush, there's something satisfying about just getting what you want without having to wade through all the garbage on the way.
It's always exciting & fun 'winning' ... But it's pretty satisfying getting what you really want, especially if you get it at a decent price.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Yikes! Haven't posted any of my new adds for a while ... probably because there haven't been too many PC adds. Spent too much on Chrome Update and not enough on singles. However, I was able to add the following. Some nice new pieces through Ebay, trades, a couple of pulls and some generous members of this community!

'14 Draft - Cederoth /5, Buxton /25
[Image: 20160108_173339_zps5kenobdr.jpg]

Berrios - Inception base, Platinum /199, Mini Orange /10, Mini Indigo /3
[Image: 20160108_173547_zpscxwyfkvl.jpg]

Sano - Prizm /125, base Chrome and Platinum RCs
[Image: 20160108_173633_zpsfxljsdty.jpg]

Arcia Mini Red /5, Rosario Green /399, Rosario Black /99
[Image: 20160108_173709_zpsr0zwqhcy.jpg]

Gibson Purple Refractor, Benson Red /25, Benson Gold /50
[Image: 20160108_173732_zpsnkooje9i.jpg]

Killebrew (relic from Met Stadium), May Supreme, Kepler Chrome base, Jay Gold /50 (pulled from my only jumbo pack of Draft)
[Image: 20160108_173838_zpsozd2edzv.jpg]

Cuddyer Goudey, Kershaw Update Relic, and Trout Throwback Variation (pulled from hanger boxes in the same weekend)
[Image: 20160108_173930_zps9uh2piuc.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Standing PC - Jan. 8, 2016 update
Really impressive. I do have a Kyle Gibson topps chrome #10 and 2011 bowman chrome Oswaldo Arcia orange #14/25. Let me know if you need any of them.

(01-08-2016, 08:50 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: Really impressive. I do have a Kyle Gibson topps chrome #10 and 2011 bowman chrome Oswaldo Arcia orange #14/25. Let me know if you need any of them.
For sure. Give my org a look and see what you can use. I've been looking for an orange Arcia and I'm always open to adding more Gibsons, too.
Kepler

Great Stuff, Jared! A great way to start the New Year.
I've been busy moving my office and haven't had much time for anything.
Great Trout update Throwbacks! Some retail luck is still with you!

(01-09-2016, 11:47 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Great Stuff, Jared! A great way to start the New Year.
I've been busy moving my office and haven't had much time for anything.
Great Trout update Throwbacks! Some retail luck is still with you!
Streaky shows his face once in a great while. I'm gonna need him next year as I assume Max will be showing up in some 2016 product.

Streaky be with me! At least until Doc gets things back up and running.
Kepler

Open offer sent. The Gibson is the Camo refractor #3/15

Here's the latest additions. Well, the highlights at least.

Gibson /15, Arcia /25, Killebrew /80, Gonsalves base, Gonsalves /99, Jay base and Arcia /10
[Image: 20160116_213523_zpszqovskh4.jpg]
Kepler