`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Communication

Communication
Hey all, been a while since I was truly active, but I'm back in the swing of things over the last few weeks, and have made a bunch of trades since I re-upped. While on the topic of trades, I would like to offer an opinion on trade communications.

We have a comment section, and a lot of the time it's a great tool for coming to an agreement on a deal. Whenever I'm offered a trade, I will look through your org, every deal, every time. I check for Bruins stuff, I check for set needs, I check for players I'm looking to add to my all-time greats PC, then I even look through to see if I can use anything as trade bait. I take my time, and look carefully, because you never know what you're going to find. I use the comments a lot, and get to know what other traders want or need.

Sometimes there's just absolutely nothing that I can use, so I make sure to let the other member know that I looked, but came up empty, and sometimes I'll offer a suggestion, i.e. "Sorry, I didn't see anything, but if you get any 15-16 Young Guns or Bruins, let me know!" or something similar. Either way, I always try to at least leave a note, because it's good form to communicate, and then I will remove the trade if there's no deal to be made, but leave open the possibility of dealing in the future if things work out.

What I try really hard NOT to do is straight-up cold shoulder ignore someone and leave the trade lingering in space forever. I get notifications about every trade and comment sent my way, so I'm sure we ALL do. I can't stand sending an offer in and seeing folks log in every day for a month and just let it sit there. Whether you don't see anything I have that you want, or don't feel like a deal can be made, or just hate the Bruins so much that you couldn't in good conscience trade with me (which is crap, half my trades are with Canadiens fans!!!) just say so. I won't be heartbroken, just let me know. "Dude, your traders all suck, sticker autos are garbage, Gaudreau is sooooo last year, and Marchand is such a punk that I can't look at your stupid avatar in my trade list." and then delete, if need be, but don't just ignore.

1. "Couldn't find anything I need"

2. Cancel trade

Easy as pie, and courteous. I love it when the comment section turns into a chat, it makes trading more personable. I'm not saying that everyone should hold hands and sing We are the World, but have some sense of community and let folks know that you're here to trade in a friendly environment where you can talk via the comment thread as if it were just over the counter at a hobby shop or card show table. We're all buds here with a common interest, that's why I came back!

Just my 2 cents, everyone have a great holiday and trade on!!!
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

RE: Communication
Uh, Chris ... great thread.

Sooo, how about that Larkin trade?

No worries, I pulled his Canvas Young Guns card over the weekend.

I pulled some other Young Guns dupes over the weekend, so PM what you're still needing for your set and maybe we can still work out a trade for the Larkin.

Thanks, RJ

+1 feel the same way

(12-21-2015, 11:26 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Sooo, how about that Larkin trade?
Replied to your message, no luck thus far, but I have a few more Larkin YG's left. You should add your hockey to your ORG, it'll be way easier for me to weigh in on a trade.

(12-21-2015, 12:21 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: Replied to your message, no luck thus far, but I have a few more Larkin YG's left. You should add your hockey to your ORG, it'll be way easier for me to weigh in on a trade.
Sounds good, I was just busting your chops, LOL. I'll check your YG wants and see if they match up with the other stuff I pulled this weekend. Thanks! RJ

I agree, this is something I try to do as well. I have 3 or 4 offers that have even had the other person add and remove stuff but never send it back to me. I add comments and get nothing. They are on daily and even post in the threads. I eventually just cancel the deal because I am sick of seeing it there.

On the other hand I have a member who is working on a deal said he wanted to think on it a few days so it stays there as there was communication.

Thanks for the trade on the Larkin BTW. That Huderdeau patch is a nice one.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

+1. Good read and I agree 100%. I have about 10 trades that I sent out before Thanksgiving, and haven't heard anything, or been declined. Yet, I see that they log in at LEAST a few times a week.

I'm not in here very Often anymore and not so sure my org. Is updated, I come for the community and see what's out there still. So I may be one of the culprits that leaves trades in limbo. I honestly don't check my trades here all that often. Awesome thread, struck a chord with me and helped me realize I can improve my trading game Smile Merry Christmas

I log in everyday and can't reply to your comments because I cannot access the trade page...I'm sure we are all well aware of how many people that have cards in the organize that are no longer willing to pay for a subscription.
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

(12-22-2015, 12:45 AM)chemainus Wrote: I log in everyday and can't reply to your comments because I cannot access the trade page...I'm sure we are all well aware of how many people that have cards in the organize that are no longer willing to pay for a subscription.
Damn, that sucks. If you haven't got use of the trade tool then we shouldn't even be able to send offers, otherwise it's just out there with no way to know that you can't see it. We've dealt before, so this wasn't directed at you at all, but now that I know I'll drop the trade offer that I've got out to you. I was speaking more of the folks that are radio silent about everything, no posting, no comments, no PM's, just ignoring everyone, you know?