`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Olajuwon Cards

Olajuwon Cards
Hi, I am a huge Hakeem Olajuwon collector, focusing on cards from his playing years (1984 - 2002) in Gem Mint condition. I have a ton of them, but am actively trying to grow my collection. I have PayPal and other cards (graded and raw) available to add new Olajuwons.

Post in the thread if you have any Olajuwons, or feel free to message me.

For every new cards I acquire, I'll post a scan of one of my PC. I know that's not a crazy incentive to respond, but every bit helps....right?

Thanks

RE: Olajuwon Cards
My kinda collector, and thread! I look forward in seeing your pickups, should be a fun eye candy thread. Also, I love how you collect only playing days. I never did understand collecting cards after they retired. I mean, don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with picking up a few here and there, but not to collect EVERYTHING. But to each their own though. I like your style, and good luck to you on your collection.
I am "THE" Elgin Baylor collector. Collecting basketball cards since 1992. You may know me from other places as "SportsItUpCards" or "Gio"

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

Steve Francis 1999-00 Rare cards #'d to 100 or less

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk

Thanks for the kind words. I'm with you, I don't understand collecting a player after they retired. Plus, for players from the 90s, especially "stars", there are a ton of cards to collect.

Look forward to seeing your "Dream" collection. I'm a Knicks collector and will never forget the amazing battles between Ewing & Olajuwon - especially in the '94 NBA Finals. I have a dual auto of them but it's not for trade. Dream in the post was like "poetry in motion" and he was pretty good on the defensive end too. Good luck with your collection!
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

I know post-playing days cards are not your thing but I got this in a group break and thought you might like to see it:

[Image: olajuwonFlawlessTopoftheClassPatchAuto_zpsvb5j4o13.jpg]

Thankfully Olajuwon and the Rockets won that 94' Finals. Guess it was payback for Olajuwon after losing the NCAA title to Ewing.

I don't collect post-playing cards, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy them. And that, sir, is a beautiful card with a great patch--1997 era Rockets jersey.

(10-12-2015, 11:48 PM)DoorToAnywhere Wrote: Hi, I am a huge Hakeem Olajuwon collector, focusing on cards from his playing years (1984 - 2002) in Gem Mint condition. I have a ton of them, but am actively trying to grow my collection. I have PayPal and other cards (graded and raw) available to add new Olajuwons.

Post in the thread if you have any Olajuwons, or feel free to message me.

For every new cards I acquire, I'll post a scan of one of my PC. I know that's not a crazy incentive to respond, but every bit helps....right?

Thanks
I really like the inserts of the nineties , best part of breaking wax was putting together insert sets. I have 22 Olajuwon in my org. . Nothing real high priced.
Photobucket

(10-13-2015, 03:09 PM)DoorToAnywhere Wrote: Thanks for the kind words. I'm with you, I don't understand collecting a player after they retired. Plus, for players from the 90s, especially "stars", there are a ton of cards to collect.
You got it my friend. Yeah tell me about it... I sometimes get jealous of the 90's players card choices, and wish that Elgin Baylor had that many cards in his playing days Smile Will definitely be a super fun chase for you, and I look forward in seeing your progress. The Dream is one of the absolute best of all time, and rightfully in the NBA Top 50!
I am "THE" Elgin Baylor collector. Collecting basketball cards since 1992. You may know me from other places as "SportsItUpCards" or "Gio"

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

The Dream is def one of the best to play. Don't have any Gem mints for you unfortunately but just thought I'd bump your thread to say good luck and looking forward to seeing your PC adds.

These are the only big Cards i have of his.

[Image: scan0016_zps60137785.jpg]

[Image: Scan127_zps466b5a14.jpg]

That Autographics is sweet! A card I have been looking for a long time.

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor