`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
identifying this 90s pogs / tonx sheet

identifying this 90s pogs / tonx sheet
Any idea of the origination of this sheet of pogs / tonx? The only text on it is "Limited Edition".

[Image: 3B9F047F-6AEF-421A-B6DD-839AE726A103_zpsynxo6ylh.jpg]

RE: identifying this 90s pogs / tonx sheet
Bringing it waaay back! Smile Sweet.
I am "THE" Elgin Baylor collector. Collecting basketball cards since 1992. You may know me from other places as "SportsItUpCards" or "Gio"

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

Steve Francis 1999-00 Rare cards #'d to 100 or less

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk

oh man i think i had that same set/sheet! cant remember though!!
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

If I had to guess, I'd say around $30. But could be totally off. It's a neat item, with many key players of the time, and overall display is very nice looking with the Shaq picture. Very nice piece indeed. Many times rare doesn't mean very valuable. If you asked me my personal feeling, I'd say it should be worth a couple of hundred bucks!! But I guess that's my sentimental value on it. No... I don't want to pay a couple of hundreds Big Grin But very sweet item.
I am "THE" Elgin Baylor collector. Collecting basketball cards since 1992. You may know me from other places as "SportsItUpCards" or "Gio"

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

This may just be a Broder style sheet. In other words, unlicensed and printed by someone who made a bunch and sold them at card shops and shows. The fact that there is no indication of a brand or company on the sheet leads me to believe that it is a Broder. The addition of the words "Limited Edition" definitely points to Broder, as that was a favorite saying back in the early 90s on Broder cards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

wow...pogs. I am officially old!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(08-10-2015, 01:58 PM)buckunteer Wrote: wow...pogs. I am officially old!
Amen to that! Haha

As was mentioned, this is most likely an unlicensed item, which in my book is still very cool. Oddball item for sure.

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

Thanks for the inputs folks. I'll hold on to it for now with my Shaq collectibles. I never was into pogs, but I do love the design of it.

POGS!!! What were the bigger ones called again? Slammers? I know I still have mine somewheres. I used to have an awesome metal slammer. Man, this thread just brought me back to my early childhood days in the early nineties...my elementary school days. I never knew there were basketball pogs... pretty awesome.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

BAH!!... Licensed or unlicensed love the Oddball items! Any of the hardcore collectors would love to have them in their collection!

My favorite were the discs that came out from Utah Jazz Arby's restaurants. (looking for photo)

(08-10-2015, 03:24 PM)nba50 Wrote: Amen to that! Haha

As was mentioned, this is most likely an unlicensed item, which in my book is still very cool. Oddball item for sure.
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/