`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registry Awards & Recognition

Registry Awards & Recognition
Does anyone know if and when Beckett may have plans to start recognizing top registries? This would push me and others into more submissions and give a needed demand boost for BVG and BGS graded cards in the auction site market, which in turn would help individual graded card value as well. For me personally, it wouldn't be about ego (maybe a little) but more to highlight unique collections and protect and augment total value, if and when the time comes to part with these collections.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

RE: Registry Awards & Recognition
I hope the registry being down has something to do with it.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I would like to see awards and recognition, but I'd be VERY satisfied just with having everything WORKING and the database updated so we can get what cards we have that aren't corrected in the database FIXED!!!
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

14 months later I'll ask again and hopefully Beckett can reply . . . Are awards and recognition in any near-term plans?

The Beckett registry has lacked PR and Marketing for too many years and in the end, mostly BVG values suffer in comparison to PSA which has understood all along that collectors compete for honors while driving more submissions. This in turn leads to graded card values going up because of higher demand particularly for higher end or rarer cards. Sounds simple but Beckett has ignored this for too long. Beckett Registry Contests has been "coming soon" for how many years now?

I've built registries for my own enjoyment but with an exit plan probably a few years away, I'd like to auction off a collection of even higher value and demand. Beckett should be recognizing and creating value for the Million$ BVG and BGS supporters have pumped into the company. What's it going to cost Beckett to launch a first sweep to designate the current finest registries? The answer should be not much.

Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

That would be great but I personally own cards I can't catalog due to invalid serial numbers. I want to get all my collection in the registry before a competition begins.

Beckett is more interested in coins I hear.

(05-20-2015, 10:08 PM)crossada Wrote: That would be great but I personally own cards I can't catalog due to invalid serial numbers. I want to get all my collection in the registry before a competition begins.

Yes, that is a mess too. My understanding is that BVG and BGS databases resided on separate servers. Many of these cards had identical numbers but with differing BGS and BVG designations. When later combined into one database as their server and storage environment was upgraded, the # duplication clashed and the BVG numbers lost out. Not sure why that could not be worked out or mapped so that the BVG numbers were still valid.

For the dozen or so cards I had that were impacted, Beckett was good enough to re-slab at no cost which I appreciated. But being in the same town as Beckett, not everyone has that luxury and it still requires effort for me locally. For that reason, I and others don't buy BVG cards with the older serial numbers, in most if not all cases, ones that show sub grades. These older SN# cards usually wind up being a good value for the non-registry collector but if registry collectors are less interested in buying them, the card's demand and potential value has been reduced. That's counter to the idea that grading protects and often increases the value of a card.

(05-20-2015, 10:08 PM)crossada Wrote: That would be great but I personally own cards I can't catalog due to invalid serial numbers. I want to get all my collection in the registry before a competition begins.

The way I understand it is the CEO, or the man that bought Beckett is a coin collector. Do any of you think he is going to worry about the registry??? The way customer service has been treating me, I would suggest none of you hold your breath until the registry gets fixed. Also don't hold it for registry rewards and recognition. I'm sorry to be so cynical and whine, but right now I'd say Beckett does not give one iota for the cards. I don't know how many posts I've written about the problems I've had, and the complaints I've had; the point being, has anyone high up in the company ever called me to listen to my gripes and problems? No they haven't and I doubt if they ever will. Until someone from Becket who has upper level authority starts to listen, starts to fix, we're still going to be on the outside looking in.

Jeff the moderator had a thread a while back pertaining to the delays in the registry and other issues. The basic idea of it was that there is an Order of importance to what they're working on and things like the registry are towards the end.

(05-24-2015, 09:19 PM)altz11 Wrote: Jeff the moderator had a thread a while back pertaining to the delays in the registry and other issues. The basic idea of it was that there is an Order of importance to what they're working on and things like the registry are towards the end.
I think I read that thread. I don't see any improvements in the registry till at least late NEXT year. I'm very close to selling my Beckett graded cards. The 2 autograph sets I was going to have Beckett grade I think will go to PSA. Everything else SGC. I feel I've been more than patient waiting on the people to get things done. Oh well, I wonder how many other people are seriously considering leaving Beckett?

(05-25-2015, 11:39 PM)bamyanks Wrote: I think I read that thread. I don't see any improvements in the registry till at least late NEXT year. I'm very close to selling my Beckett graded cards. The 2 autograph sets I was going to have Beckett grade I think will go to PSA. Everything else SGC. I feel I've been more than patient waiting on the people to get things done. Oh well, I wonder how many other people are seriously considering leaving Beckett?
Reading all of your posts, I completely know where you're coming from. There are still a few good individuals over at Beckett but overall the company has lost it's way completely.