`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2000/01 Luc Robitaille buy back

2000/01 Luc Robitaille buy back
I don't know if there were any redemptions back in 2000)01 sp authentic....[Image: image_110.jpg][Image: image_111.jpg][Image: image_112.jpg]

RE: 2000/01 Luc Robitaille buy back
There were definitely redemptions in 2000-01 SP Authentic. I pulled one for a Sign of the Times Elias/Gomez dual auto. Unfortunately it was years after the product had come out and after contacting Upper Deck, they wouldn't redeem it for me. Doubly unfortunately is that I'm a Devils fan and that would have been a cool card to get. And for the final kick in the teeth, that was the hit card in the box.

Though I had gotten a box around the time it came out as well, and coincidentally pulled that exact same Robitaille buyback.

I wish either Beckett or Upper Deck would list which cards were redemptions. It would be great to know when buying old boxes. If a large number of the biggest possible hits are redemptions, there's no way to get them now.

(05-22-2015, 02:40 PM)tadontask Wrote: There were definitely redemptions in 2000-01 SP Authentic. I pulled one for a Sign of the Times Elias/Gomez dual auto. Unfortunately it was years after the product had come out and after contacting Upper Deck, they wouldn't redeem it for me. Doubly unfortunately is that I'm a Devils fan and that would have been a cool card to get. And for the final kick in the teeth, that was the hit card in the box.

Though I had gotten a box around the time it came out as well, and coincidentally pulled that exact same Robitaille buyback.

I wish either Beckett or Upper Deck would list which cards were redemptions. It would be great to know when buying old boxes. If a large number of the biggest possible hits are redemptions, there's no way to get them now.
I bought the box last year and very surprised when I got it..I'm kings fan, who are what players do you collect?

(05-22-2015, 03:36 PM)jkings Wrote: I bought the box last year and very surprised when I got it..I'm kings fan, who are what players do you collect?
Ironically, I stumbled across the redemption card last night. They didn't give very long - the date was later in 2001.

As for my collection, I do the main Upper Deck set every year. If something else interests me, I might pick up a box. I still go back and get boxes from the 90's and early 00's. I also collect Scott Stevens, and have an ambitious idea of collecting rookie cards of any player who ever played for the Devils.

Lucky Luc!! Not too bad of player for an auto