`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking to Purchase Mantles

Looking to Purchase Mantles
Anyone willing to part with any original Mickey Mantle cards PSA 8 or better, I will look at Ones that have been graded by other companies, or raw.. I have a lot to trade, and Paypal ready.. Please let me know.. Thanks!

RE: Looking to Purchase Mantles
IF your looking to find grades 8+ better, then obvious you must be checking the AH's (auction houses)
I bid and receive many of their catalogs. And i have seen many high-end graded ones hitting the market this year and recently. I just consigned my Mantle collection (except the 51&52)to Sterlings for this month, of course these are of lower grade and more affordable for low-end collectors.
Are you doing a basic or master registry?? and sticking to just Topps issue, or adding Bowman and there so many oddball out there as well. I know a few guys in another forum that are or have cornered the market on Mantles. Good Luck. Also Please show pics when you can. Love to see them.

Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

looking for a 1964 topps venezuelan Mantle myself
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Man, you just missed out on a 1960 Venuzulean in a recent auction. It was offered to one of my collecting bros, but he passed it up on, but really needed it. It sold for 1400.00 It was one of those that never comes up and very hard to find when it does.
I'll check with him if he has a double of a 64 Venz. Had you check Ebay, there a unslabbed one ending in 2days, and under 200.oo
Also note theres several 64 AL bomber on there as well. There are also many other years. Just type in your advanced search 1964 Venezuelan mantle, and make sure click, include description too.

(05-08-2015, 11:21 AM)pawpawdiv9 Wrote: Man, you just missed out on a 1960 Venuzulean in a recent auction. It was offered to one of my collecting bros, but he passed it up on, but really needed it. It sold for 1400.00 It was one of those that never comes up and very hard to find when it does.
I'll check with him if he has a double of a 64 Venz. Had you check Ebay, there a unslabbed one ending in 2days, and under 200.oo
Also note theres several 64 AL bomber on there as well. There are also many other years. Just type in your advanced search 1964 Venezuelan mantle, and make sure click, include description too.
Thanks for the info there!!! Yes im aware of the one that is on there right now, im keeping a close eye out on it!!! Think it might be the one.......

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Apparently he was keeping an eye on it as well, He thought about upgrading his, and thus could sell his other. But is aware of your interest too. It doesnt bother him if you won it.

(05-10-2015, 07:59 AM)pawpawdiv9 Wrote: Apparently he was keeping an eye on it as well, He thought about upgrading his, and thus could sell his other. But is aware of your interest too. It doesnt bother him if you won it.
I ended up winning it!!! Im super excited right now!!! Im sorry I had to be betting against your friend!! Ended up getting it for much less than I was willing to go.

Thanks really cool. Being a good sport, he probably laid off it, since i see he won a 66 and a 68 Venez upgrade. Whats next on your agenda?

(05-11-2015, 09:07 AM)pawpawdiv9 Wrote: Thanks really cool. Being a good sport, he probably laid off it, since i see he won a 66 and a 68 Venez upgrade. Whats next on your agenda?
Nothing too big now, I actually need numbers 8 , 69, 80 and 299 to finish that set. Funny I thought the last one would be the mantle.

I actually appreciate if he laid off, couldnt thank him more, actually both of you.

I have a thread on them if you want to check them out.
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1547627.html

(05-07-2015, 02:00 PM)pawpawdiv9 Wrote: IF your looking to find grades 8+ better, then obvious you must be checking the AH's (auction houses)
I bid and receive many of their catalogs. And i have seen many high-end graded ones hitting the market this year and recently. I just consigned my Mantle collection (except the 51&52)to Sterlings for this month, of course these are of lower grade and more affordable for low-end collectors.
Are you doing a basic or master registry?? and sticking to just Topps issue, or adding Bowman and there so many oddball out there as well. I know a few guys in another forum that are or have cornered the market on Mantles. Good Luck. Also Please show pics when you can. Love to see them.
Thanks for the advice, I did not see your response until now.. I have not checked auction houses, as I am not yet ready to buy the big ones.. I have been lucky finding the ones I need so far on ebay, and believe it or not through people and groups on facebook..

My Goal is the 18 Base Topps (52-69) + 51 Bowman + the 2 variations of the 56 and 69. Also the 16 Hof, AS, etc cards featuring him from 53-64.. I have certain prices that I will pay, so when I see a deal within that budget, I jump on it.. I am not that far along, but have made some progress.

At this time I have :

a 1952 Bowman (PSA 1)
1954 BOWMAN PSA AUTHENTIC
1958 AS TOPPS PSA 8
1960 TOPPS PSA 8
1960 TOPPS AS SGC 88
1961 TOPPS MVP PSA 8
1962 TOPPS Mantle/Mays PSA 7 (will upgrade to an 8 soon)
1968 TOPPS PSA 8

I haven't even looked into the auction houses, which ones would you recommend? id be interested in signing up to receive a catalog.. thanks!