`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bought another Jordan RC - 1986-87 Fleer this time

RE: Bought another Jordan RC - 1986-87 Fleer this time
(04-19-2015, 11:55 PM)The_Zodiac_Collection Wrote: Wow! That's amazing! Congratulations!
Thanks. I'm hoping by the end of the week I will be rewarded as I will have both graded by then.

I have a standing offer for both here locally, but depending on how they grade out I may put them up on eBay to see what I can get above and beyond what I've already been offered.

Well guys, it was a good day today for me in regards to these two cards.

I got a 6.0 on the pawn shop card and an 8.5 on the card show card. Invested about $750 for both and will probably come out with around $2k sale price. Not bad, eh?

The gems are out there guys. You just gotta look for them and have the cash to wave in their face to get it out of their hands.

See attached pics below.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-24-2015, 03:32 PM)NateNichols Wrote: Well guys, it was a good day today for me in regards to these two cards.

I got a 6.0 on the pawn shop card and an 8.5 on the card show card. Invested about $750 for both and will probably come out with around $2k sale price. Not bad, eh?

The gems are out there guys. You just gotta look for them and have the cash to wave in their face to get it out of their hands.

See attached pics below.
Wow that is pretty impressive. How much did you pay for the card that graded 8.5?

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(04-24-2015, 04:16 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Wow that is pretty impressive. How much did you pay for the card that graded 8.5?
$425. LOL! I was trying to keep it at $400 max, but he wanted $450 so I met him in he middle at $425.

Got another little gem off Craigslist today for $400.

For those keeping score at home, that's now 3 100% legit raw 86-87 Fleer Jordan RC's I've bought within the past month and have paid an average of around $383.

They are out there and can be had with a little bit of effort and a few Benjamin Franklins.

Dropping this one off at Beckett tomorrow morning for 2-Day grading.

What state are you? Lol. I check Craig'slist everyday and have only seen like 2 raw Jordan's and they wanted much more then I was willing to pay.

(05-04-2015, 10:04 PM)altz11 Wrote: What state are you? Lol. I check Craig'slist everyday and have only seen like 2 raw Jordan's and they wanted much more then I was willing to pay.
I'm in Texas.

I bought this one locally from a guy who had listed it several months ago, but I never could get him to commit to meet up to take a look at the card to see if it was 100% legit and make a cash offer to buy.

I saved his # and hit him up the other day. Finally set up a time to go over and look at it, it was legit and it pretty good condition.

I've found several on there, but they are spread out all over and obviously in varying degrees of condition and price. Some people have them raw and priced as if they were high grades. Obviously they are going to be the ones that are hardest to understand what they do and don't have and that is where the art of negotiation takes over.

Sometimes people just won't work with you and you just have to chalk that up as a waste of time and move on. There are plenty of them out there so I'm not going to waste my time on one unless it's just absolutely flawless and I have yet to come across one better than the 8.5 I scored here locally.

If they aren't willing to let go of it for $400 or less, it's probably not worth the effort or investment. That's about my limit on buying them raw. I paid $425 for the one that ended up being an 8.5

Most of the people that have these cards just know it's worth quite a bit of money, but they don't know about grading and how centering, corners, etc. determine how much the card is actually worth to a collector or fan. That and they don't want to take the effort, time, money to get it graded.

Just got back from Beckett and I got another 8.5!!!! Helllll yeeeahhhhh.

#jealous

(05-06-2015, 04:40 PM)altz11 Wrote: #jealous
LOL. Thanks man.

It's already up on eBay for sale if you're really wanting it.

I just laugh at some of the ridiculous offers people make on there. I have it set to auto-decline below a certain price and I've already had two people offer me $1,000 thinking someone would actually take that on that card.

My other 8.5 sold for $1,350