`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
PC additions - June additions at #292

RE: Standing PC adds ... the return from Reno
Impressive. There are a few eBay 1/1. Hope Kenny Vargas has a great season and Berrios get call up soon.

3 new pieces today ... Vargas /25, Burdi /25 and Cederoth /15. By not paying attention I've managed to pick up 3 of the Cederoth Shimmer Refractors. Only 12 more to go?

[Image: 20150504_185719_4_bestshot_zpsvwlya40x.jpg]
Kepler

The rated rookie die cut is very cool! Never saw that before. .... And I must get one!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(05-05-2015, 12:57 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: The rated rookie die cut is very cool! Never saw that before. .... And I must get one!
There's 2 versions of those. There's the silver /750 (I think) and gold /25. The gold one is actually quite a bit thicker than the silver. I thought the print would be the only difference until I got them side-by-side. Panini is winning me over with the Donruss inserts.

Kepler

(05-05-2015, 08:14 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: There's 2 versions of those. There's the silver /750 (I think) and gold /25. The gold one is actually quite a bit thicker than the silver. I thought the print would be the only difference until I got them side-by-side. Panini is winning me over with the Donruss inserts.
Panini Rocks, dude! It's like the very, very, very old rent-a-car commercial. (Avis?)
"We're #2, So we try harder!" Or something like that. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Relatively slow week with only a couple of buys coming in - Vargas base, Vargas SP and the Arcia Red Ice is 3/5. Also had a nice little gift show up and a couple decent retail pulls that I'll be adding. This should be a big mail week though. I was sick all weekend and went on a little eBay binge.

[Image: 20150510_215025_6_bestshot_zpswtuvaoay.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Standing PC adds ... a really slow mail week
Have you got my box yet? Also I'd be interested in getting one of those Burdi autos off you hands.
Photobucket

(05-12-2015, 05:56 PM)txviking Wrote: Have you got my box yet? Also I'd be interested in getting one of those Burdi autos off you hands.
I did! Thank you so much. I especially like the Hrbek Nestle card and the Hometown Heroes. I've got the Donruss stuff together for you and I'm trying to find some more stuff you might be needing.

The Burdi could be a tough pull. Been able to pick up a bunch of his stuff so far, so I might start a little PC of him, Reed and Cederoth. Considering adding Zack Jones to the mix, too.
Kepler

(05-12-2015, 10:48 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I did! Thank you so much. I especially like the Hrbek Nestle card and the Hometown Heroes. I've got the Donruss stuff together for you and I'm trying to find some more stuff you might be needing.

The Burdi could be a tough pull. Been able to pick up a bunch of his stuff so far, so I might start a little PC of him, Reed and Cederoth. Considering adding Zack Jones to the mix, too.
Sounds good. Hopefully we'll be able to see some of that young talent contribute in the majors soon.
Photobucket

(05-13-2015, 03:34 PM)txviking Wrote: Sounds good. Hopefully we'll be able to see some of that young talent contribute in the majors soon.
Hopefully. I don't think it'll be too long. Jones could probably step in for Stauffer right now and be a vast improvement. I think Burdi and Reed will be fine, just need to adjust to pro ball vs. college and they need to figure out if Cederoth is going to be in the pen or a back of the rotation guy.

As for the rest of them, it's simply a matter of time: already seen Rosario and Hicks this year; I expect we'll see Meyer, Sano, Polanco and Kepler this year since all four are on the 40-man; and I imagine Berrios and Buxton will force their way up through performance sooner rather than later.

The rest are kind of a crap shoot at this point.
Kepler