`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US shipping rates

US shipping rates
Could someone explain me the basic about shipping rates on Ebay?
Are there standard rates or at least rates of common use on that site? How about handling fees, how does a seller calculates those?
Another point that confuses me is how combined shipping is calculated.
The US measuring systems confuse me. And between Ebay and USPS they don't make it any easier.
So If anyone can provide some insight into this issue I would really appreciate it.

RE: US shipping rates
(05-03-2015, 07:47 PM)Caffrey Wrote: Could someone explain me the basic about shipping rates on Ebay?
Are there standard rates or at least rates of common use on that site? How about handling fees, how does a seller calculates those?
Another point that confuses me is how combined shipping is calculated.
The US measuring systems confuse me. And between Ebay and USPS they don't make it any easier.
So If anyone can provide some insight into this issue I would really appreciate it.
I don't understand what you're really trying to figure out...Sellers should explain all of that information in their descriptions. There are so many different routes you go go with it. And most are up to the seller.
[Image: image.jpg]

Well...if you are a Top Rated seller and need to meet certain criteria, then you are required to ship and upload with delivery confirmation tracking of your PACKAGE. Since you can't do that with a PWE, then the next cheapest way is to use the eBay/USPS partnership in printing labels for $1.93 for between 1-3oz. Then this automatically uploads tracking for you.
So..."1.93" is cost of shipping typically for a card.
However, eBay charges a 10% fee on the shipping cost as well as Paypal fees on top of that.
So if you are charging EXACT shipping cost of 1.93, then you're loosing money.
Common practice is to "pad" a shipping cost so that the fees and handling charges are combined into the amount.
Since I buy all my supplies in bulk, padded envelopes, top loaders, sleeves, etc. are fairly cheep. So I charge 2.75 for first auction and $0.50 for each additional, and cap at $5.
Int'l is horrible though...
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

(05-04-2015, 09:56 AM)odditycards Wrote: Common practice is to "pad" a shipping cost so that the fees and handling charges are combined into the amount.
Since I buy all my supplies in bulk, padded envelopes, top loaders, sleeves, etc. are fairly cheep. So I charge 2.75 for first auction and $0.50 for each additional, and cap at $5.
Int'l is horrible though...
This is exactly right. Sellers determine their handling cost, of any. Ebay has no control or set policy for shipping costs. I charge about the same as above, which after fees and expenses is basically break even on shipping, at best.
Lakers / PC / For Trade:
http://goehring9.weebly.com