`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I out of line with this trade? * 3/16 Update

Am I out of line with this trade? * 3/16 Update
*Update: Floydtown has messaged the other trader and is still refusing to return my cards. Hopefully this user will be banned. If he is, I will update everyone and will see if the mod will let me post his name.

I recently made a trade with a user on this site and ended up with this card. I was disappointed with the condition of the autograph and asked if we could "undo" the trade and return each other our original cards. He refused and instead offered to give me $10 in value to make up for my unhappiness. His offer of appeasement suggests to me that he knew that the card's auto was insufficient and he'd rather get rid of it and give up extra value in the process. He also said that I am a rude trader and have been rude to him in the past. So what Im asking is:

1.) Have I been rude to anyone on this site? Please let me know so I can fix the issue

2.) What do you think about the condition of the auto?

3.) What should my next step be in this process?

Here's the auto and thanks for the help!
[Image: 13%20BC%2008%20press_0001_zps2ntbq3xw.jpg]
Looking for Chase Utley, Luka, Messi, Tatis, Jalen hurts, Allen Iverson, Tom Brady, Mahomes, Josh Allen, Juan Soto, Ronald Acuna, Bryce Harper, Allen & Ginter Framed autos

Top Wants
1. Tom Brady Skybox E-x rookie
2. 1998 Peyton Manning Bowman Chrome Rc Refractor
3. Mike Trout Auto

RE: Am I out of line with this trade?
It's kind of shady for someone to not mention the condition of an auto if it's extremely faded or should be ok'd before shipping for any reason. The deal needs to be ok'd by both parties in order for it to be completed, correct? I dont think it's common practice to have one trader be unhappy and the other dictate how the deal is going to be rectified.

Truthfully OP I'd be pissed if I received that auto without any knowledge of the faded signatures. I would not accept the money & I'd forward the scan & messages between & your partner to a Moderator.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

The signatures are obviously in poor shape and the fading should have been mentioned. For you to receive the card like that and just ask to reverse the trade isn't too much to ask.

I have traded you with several times and I have never felt you were rude. As for the autos that is shady stuff. When I trade I don't always have the right condition down but I will tell the trader if there is anything noticeable. I do this for a number of reasons first it's the right thing to do and second maybe I would like to trade with that individual again down the road. It's just good trading to be honest. And for the trade I would ask him to send my cards back and if I had to eat the shipping just so I could get something I could trade in return. Unless you got this card for $5 of base cards it's not worth much. Hope it all works out. And if it doesn't you should notify the rest of the community so we can stay away from this trader!

In my opinion a trade is never complete until both parties receive their ends and are happy. Period.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

You have every right to want to reverse the trade. He/she should have mentioned the faded autos. BAD TRADE BEHAVIOR!!!
In the past several months I have been asking for scans of any card over $50 book value. I think I have lost a few trades but I would rather lose a trade than have to deal with your problem.
I hope it works out in your favor.
SET NEEDS;
2012 tribute blue autos - need most
1995-98 football inserts

(03-13-2015, 07:40 PM)lecreccio Wrote: You have every right to want to reverse the trade. He/she should have mentioned the faded autos. BAD TRADE BEHAVIOR!!!
In the past several months I have been asking for scans of any card over $50 book value. I think I have lost a few trades but I would rather lose a trade than have to deal with your problem.
I hope it works out in your favor.
+1. I ask for scans or specifically ask about the characteristics of the card if it's someone new I'm working with. It's not because I think they're shady, its because everyone views conditions differently. As I get comfortable with a trader it becomes unnecessary.

(03-13-2015, 07:34 PM)randall44 Wrote: In my opinion a trade is never complete until both parties receive their ends and are happy. Period.

Agree 100 percent

Detroit Tigers Set Collector
Justin Verlander Miguel Cabrera Al Kaline Ty Cobb

Clearly you are not in the wrong in this situation. Those autos are horrible and I'm With everyone else I'd be pissed unless the other trader gave me heads up about the card or sent me pictures. If you are not completely satified with the trade you have every right to ask for your cards back or come to an agreement on how to fix the situation. Best of luck bro and to answer your first question no you are not a rude trader. You are a very easy person to get along with.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto