`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like I got taken for the 1st time on a trade

Looks like I got taken for the 1st time on a trade
Bound to happen I suppose, really unfortunate though. As several of you know, I share my online organize with my son since he's only 14. He had a couple of cards in this deal and was getting some Puig's in return.

Here's the timeline of the events:

Feb 6th - In the comments of the trade, trader told me he was shipping the next day and was even going to include some extra cards. I replied that I would do the same.
Feb 7th - I marked as shipped and sent via USPS with Tracking.
Feb 8th - The trader made a post to the forums (I only mention this because I was searching to see when he used the site)
Feb 9th - My cards were delivered
Feb 14th - I made a comment in the trade asking him for a status.
Feb 14th - Trader's last login on the site.
Feb 17th - I sent him a private message requesting a status.
Feb 19th - I made another comment in the trade asking him for a status.
Feb 20th - Sent another private message requesting a status.

After the above, I sent a message to a moderator who tried to reach out to him but hasn't heard back yet and the trader hasn't logged in since Feb 14th.

Thankfully trade value was pretty low, only $27.

I thought about mentioning the trader in this post, but wasn't sure if that was really the proper thing to do. If he happens to login and see this, I am sure he'll know who I am talking about!

My question for you all - have most all of you had a trade go bad like this once or twice or is it a more common happening?

Thanks,
- Steve

RE: Looks like I got taken for the 1st time on a trade
You need to post his username so others dont trade with him. I'm thinking it's probably something other than you getting ripped off though. You'd think he would have gone after a bigger prize if he was trying to screw you. Getting banned from the site for $27 is pretty dumb. My very first trade on here I was scammed. As it turned out the trader got a bunch of us. I ended up getting pissed and found out where he was. I got my cards back a few days after finding him.

From my experience its about one in a hundred trades you will have some drama, those are decent odds just have to hope its a small trade when it hits.

(03-01-2015, 08:42 AM)sshissler Wrote: My question for you all - have most all of you had a trade go bad like this once or twice or is it a more common happening?
I've had one go bad and one never received. The bad was just that and the trader has since been banned from trading on this site. The other had to do with the trader having medical issues. I would not consider this common where I'm closing in on 600 trades on this site but always use caution. Lot of superb traders on this site, please don't let a couple bad apples ruin it for you.

600 trades?!? I though I was doing well coming up on the century mark...

(03-01-2015, 09:20 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: 600 trades?!? I though I was doing well coming up on the century mark...
I was about to post a thread soon when I got close to 150. I think I'm around 125? Seems paltry in comparison.

To OP: I've had one bad trade where I didn't think I was going to get the cards. Turns out, it was a former bad trader who had gotten back on the site but was still bad. He's since been banned again. I've had about a 99.9% good trade rate, so I'd say, post the name of the trader until the situation is fixed and then post the resolution. The rest of us will make our own decisions when it comes to trading with this person. Good luck!
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

(03-01-2015, 09:57 AM)sfreinker Wrote: I was about to post a thread soon when I got close to 150. I think I'm around 125? Seems paltry in comparison.

To OP: I've had one bad trade where I didn't think I was going to get the cards. Turns out, it was a former bad trader who had gotten back on the site but was still bad. He's since been banned again. I've had about a 99.9% good trade rate, so I'd say, post the name of the trader until the situation is fixed and then post the resolution. The rest of us will make our own decisions when it comes to trading with this person. Good luck!
Who's the trader that got you?

BaseballKid1999
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

(03-01-2015, 09:20 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: 600 trades?!? I though I was doing well coming up on the century mark...
and you are!

It's just an admission to an addiction, lol!

Thankfully I havent had a bad trade in none of my 160 trades so far.. I'm sure it will happen since there is scammers everywhere.. Could have a lot more trades but took almost a year off on this site because trades started slowing down.. Glad to see things are picking up some.. I did buy a fake card on Craigslist local since I didn't research enough on the card but I did go through small claims court locally and get my $1000 back.. But it took me almost a year later to get it back.. But always be careful good thing it wasn't much bv in trade!
[Image: Untitled.jpg]

http://s885.photobucket.com/albums/ac58/...owboysFan/

Huge cowboys fan! Collecting all cowboys autos, and Main rookies of football and baseball and Game used..