`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This was a first

This was a first
I bought a few lower end Packers cards from a seller on eBay, and picked up my mail and they sent all of them but one, although they put in cash into the envelope plus an extra 50 cents.... Has anybody ever had this happen? They said they accidentally sent the wrong card to someone else and they didn't have this one anymore... So I guess it's a refund, but they gave me the money back, but that's really weird that they didn't refund through eBay? And sent cash through the mail? I'm a little disappointed that they didn't have the card, but I got the money back... Do I give a neutral at that point then?

RE: This was a first
no, dont give a neutral. shoot, you give a positive and dont ding his dsr's either

It is all cool, everyone makes a mistake once in a while.
Mostly football and a set builder

(02-20-2015, 06:16 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: no, dont give a neutral. shoot, you give a positive and dont ding his dsr's either

And you should probably thank "jacobystealshome" for giving you a quick refund! lol.

But in all seriousness, I wouldn't give negative feedback either. seller sounds like a very honest and kind person for giving you the other cards AND a refund AND .50 cents extra! positive feedback.

(02-20-2015, 07:43 PM)altz11 Wrote: And you should probably thank "jacobystealshome" for giving you a quick refund! lol.
it wasnt me! lol

sellers have it hard on ebay...the deck is absolutely stacked against them (which is why i dont really any more and opened my own site). honestly, for this situation to even bring up the question of a neutral shows how skewed the market has become

(02-20-2015, 07:53 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: it wasnt me! lol

sellers have it hard on ebay...the deck is absolutely stacked against them (which is why i dont really any more and opened my own site). honestly, for this situation to even bring up the question of a neutral shows how skewed the market has become
Well, the only reason I asked about leaving a neutral is that I didn't know about it until I got the package... I'm not really upset (I think I already found a replacement for the card that they didn't sent), but it was just really weird that they didn't go through eBay to inform me of it. I might just not leave feedback on it, as I was expecting that one along with the others I purchased. I gave them positive on the other auctions I won (since I got all of the others), but I don't think it's worth a positive since I didn't know about the fact that they didn't have it until I got the others....

(02-20-2015, 09:15 PM)bojesphob Wrote: Well, the only reason I asked about leaving a neutral is that I didn't know about it until I got the package... I'm not really upset (I think I already found a replacement for the card that they didn't sent), but it was just really weird that they didn't go through eBay to inform me of it. I might just not leave feedback on it, as I was expecting that one along with the others I purchased. I gave them positive on the other auctions I won (since I got all of the others), but I don't think it's worth a positive since I didn't know about the fact that they didn't have it until I got the others....

I understand that, and your within your rights to leave whatever feedback you want, but think about the trouble this guy went through just to TRY and make his buyer happy. this seller quickly took it upon himself to make a wrong, right by not only giving you the cards for free, but giving you the refund with extra money. I don't know, it's just a difference in opinion I guess. Sounds like a damn good seller to me.

Based on this....

They said they accidentally sent the wrong card to someone else and they didn't have this one anymore...

...and based on the fact that it irritated you that you were not given advanced notice.....

..I would simply leave four 5-star positive feedback, and email him, stating "hey next time give me a heads up if you don't mind, ok?"

...Many people commit egregious acts on Ebay, and we should punish them...but I think an email might change the behavior for you and future buyers.

Just my thoughts,
Kms
'14 Turkey Red Collector

[Image: f518c628-649c-4e9e-9869-dd38f1fbb1f0_zps4mowqbo4.jpg]

thanks guys. Figured I'd get some opinions on the matter before doing anything with it, and I'm glad I did. I definitely understand being a seller myself what can happen when buyers are unreasonable and I don't want to be unreasonable...

I had that happen once and emailed him to give me a certain % off next time I buy from him!