`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADERS BEWARE!!

TRADERS BEWARE!!
I worked a trade with "PACIFICFREAK" and shipped the cards he requested. After I shipped them, he "discovered" he already had 2 of the cards in the trade and decided I should send him two other cards as substitutes at my additional expense, then started a dialogue of whining about patch cards he apparently lost in trade which had absolutely nothing to do with me and that he was sure glad he didn't ship to me first?? I would strongly suggest to all my trading friends that you consider making him ship first as a precaution against his inability to honor a trade. And yes, I gave him options- send me the cards he agreed to in the original deal, send mine back and I would eat the cost of shipping the cards to him, and finally just told him to keep the cards I sent him and just go away.
I don't know if there is a lesson to be learned here, but trading cards has its own risks and rewards. To the 300 plus traders out there who I have successfully completed trades with, I have no intention of letting a $60 trade plus shipping ruin my friendship with you all. This is a great forum and there are outstanding people who I've developed relationships throughout the years. To you I say "TRADE AWAY!!" but please beware of "PACIFICFREAK" and his trading habits.
Best to all....Eddie

RE: TRADERS BEWARE!!
Thanks for all the nice words you gave me during our discussion, thank you for saying it was ok to return the two cards that I already had. Thanks for telling me that you had have 500eBay shared and 350 plus trades and I had zero. Thanks for telling me that I was a loser. Some of your nice comments: "GO AWAY! You screwed up I'll eat the value of the cards you now own," "Bugger Off" "LOSER!" I got a lot of insults and unpleasant language from you. Everything for some cards worth $ 60. No problem, I will send you the cards directly tomorrow and I returned your cards when they come to me! Hope your friends are proud of you!
LF: NHL swedes in SPA, SPx, Dominion (JSY/AU/ RC)
* Tradelist: check my ORG. and bucket!
http://s8.photobucket.com/user/SPA4fun/library/

pacificfreak - if you agree to trade, you cant decide after the cards are sent that you want cards replaced, i dont think you are gonna last very long here

Sounds like all the comments were pretty well deserved. Sorry about the situation, Katykeed

pacificfreak, be careful, trust is a HUGE part of this trading community and it only takes ONE bad trade early in your trading experience to get your name in the bad books, not only on this site but lots of others as well. You and I have completed a very minor trade with no hiccups but katykeed and myself have pulled off some epic trades (and ALOT of other traders here as well) that Im very happy with. Make good on the trade, you will only benefit from it.
[Image: Golies_zps1b8a9baa.jpg]

(07-11-2014, 05:47 PM)Maverick06 Wrote: pacificfreak, be careful, trust is a HUGE part of this trading community and it only takes ONE bad trade early in your trading experience to get your name in the bad books, not only on this site but lots of others as well. You and I have completed a very minor trade with no hiccups but katykeed and myself have pulled off some epic trades (and ALOT of other traders here as well) that Im very happy with. Make good on the trade, you will only benefit from it.
I agree totally with you on this. In trading your reputation is all that you have. There is a reason that almost everyone makes someone new to a trade site send first, usually for your first 10 or more trades. I am guessing that you will be asked to send first until you "prove" to the group that you are a reliable sender - again, this is not necessarily only due to this post, but a pretty standard process.

I recently made a trade on another site for the first time. I had to send first and was happy to do so. I think I have made a couple of trades with the guy here, but still through the other site he has the right to ask me to send first.

I hope that things are able to be worked out to both of your satisfaction. At the end of the day what we all want is a place to make some trade without having to worry about traders remorse or worse bad traders - I think most will recall some majors problems in the recent past with a patch happy con artist.

Just my 2 cents.

Nathan

Hoping you both can work this out amicably. We need good solid traders badly on this site. Hate to see this happen, but perhaps a deep breath and some patience and renegotiating could produce the desired results .... Good luck
..... deleger22@hotmail.com

Time to bring the hammer down on this one, huh?

First off, Eddie, you should have let myself or another Mod know about the situation before posting it to the Boards. I don't want to seem like I am attacking you, so I hope that this is not received in such a manner. Situations like this take some tact to resolve, and that is why we are here. We would rather see all members be given the fair shake, so we do request that we are brought into the mix before a call to the public is sought.

PacificFreak... a word to the new. You are not an established member here and do need to learn how the system-on any trading site- works. You agreed to a trade and you have to live with it. I myself have been in such a situation where I have traded for a card that I already possess without such a realization, but I do what is right and eat my mistake. You are the one responsible for your own collection here, as nobody else can see what you have, save for what you insert into your Organize. Even so, no other member is responsible for checking your cards to let you know that you already possess a card that you are trading for. To ask such a thing of another member would be asinine.

I think that Eddie (katykeed) did you a magnificent favor in offering to send you substitute card(s) for the ones that were complained about, as he had no real reason to do so. He also did you a huge favor, and himself a dissatisfaction, in not requiring you to send first. It is basically an unwritten rule here within the Beckett Community that any member with less than 20 positive feedback be on the hook to send first. Should a newer member refuse to do so, then the more experienced member has the right to nix the trade and notify the Mods of the dealing. Seeing as you have less than 20 positive feedback you are absolutely on the hook to send first... an no argument will save you from this.

The bottom line is this: you agree to a deal, you stand by it. You have already accepted the terms and there is no way that you can justify scrutinizing the other trader for your mistake. If there should come a discrepancy a Moderator should be contacted first... even before feedback is left. This way all rules of the game can be brought to light for all parties involved and (hopefully) all disdain can be avoided.

I do hope that this clears some things up for those on the fence, and for those with any wuestions in regards to this situation. Best wishes, Beckett Community!

Randi

I have had more than a few trades on this site but i had to make about 30 before i really earned my fellow traders trust. On that note I have also had new traders get "cold feet" and completely drop out of an agreed trade. When a trade is made all that is supposed to happen after that is getting your new cards. Not to have some one change the agreed upon trade. I know how frustrating it can be to package up cards and have the other trader quit the trade. Words have been said that can't be taken back. To be fair Ive been the recipient and the one slinging those words said. Unfortunately this is the ugly 1% of all trades! I say this to both sides, just figure out something that works and you don't ever look back. Move on.

Now that there are so many dedicated collectors here, thought like to hear if there is anyone who is interested in helping me with this guy "Heatrush22" I wrote about him earlier in this forum. I sent some nice autocards and I never got any cards back. I never heard from him again, despite repeated attempts at contact. Would have been nice to get help / feedback from someone or the moderator. Do not mean that it has to do with this part but feel that if you have 500 Ebay traders and 350 positive business it is much easier to get help. Maybe something to consider?
LF: NHL swedes in SPA, SPx, Dominion (JSY/AU/ RC)
* Tradelist: check my ORG. and bucket!
http://s8.photobucket.com/user/SPA4fun/library/