`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help making sense of this card I just got

Help making sense of this card I just got
I just received this card in a 2 card lot I got off blowout and it makes no sense. This card has purple coloring, auto is in red ink and says it's a 1/25 on the front. In the beckett he has 2 cards that are purple for this year, one is a red ink that's supposed to be a 1/1 and the other says purple and is supposed to be an /24. I can't locate a /25 print run for him for this year so I'm stumped. My scanner sucks but the purple is in the hall of fame portion of the card. Any help or advise would be appreciated!

[Image: gfh_zpsc19c1abd.jpg]
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

RE: Help making sense of this card I just got
scan of front / back of card?
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

the back says 2012 card number ffmi

? Looks like the database has an error. If I'm remembering right, this is actually a 2013 card. The FFMI is in the database, but as you said...#24. Again, think it's an error on Becketts part but what do I know.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

There is also an asterisk next to it in the db they might not know for sure

Ive found lots of database errors like this, that have the numbering wrong
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

numbering is right: you see this in football all the time with press pass:

there are 25 total cards in the print run. there are 24 purples, one red. the red is the first in the print run. this is what the asterix denotes

congrats....yours is a 1/1

(05-05-2014, 09:27 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: numbering is right: you see this in football all the time with press pass:

there are 25 total cards in the print run. there are 24 purples, one red. the red is the first in the print run. this is what the asterix denotes

Very well done! learned something tonight as well!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(05-05-2014, 09:27 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: numbering is right: you see this in football all the time with press pass:

Wow thanks for the info, I bought this and a 120.00 Nolan Ryan museum card for 35.00 delivered. Guess I made out ok lol. Thanks Jacoby!

This could also be an error or inentional
He may have been signing all day a and getting tired towards the end of the day and include that with his age. He may have grabbed the pen to sign this one. You could have an actual 1/1 red sig even though its a 1/25.
Either way its a nice card from a HOFer
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]