`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Goodbye for now, my friends ...

Goodbye for now, my friends ...
Hey guys, effective tomorrow I am leaving my job, as I am being downsized with a severance package.

(Do not worry, this is actually a very good thing. Well, should be or will be eventually.)

Sooooo ... since I do the majority of my Beckettness while I'm at work, I will be taking a (hopefully short) break from trading, posting, etc.

I have sent a couple of PMs out to members I have pending trades with, and the only other one I had completed I just sent out, so I'm trying to wrap up loose ends tonight.

If it's longer than a short break, then, well, I appreciate everything you guys have done for me with all the trades, witty banter and what not.

I'll be here tonight, and then I'll talk to you when I talk to you.

Later! RJ

RE: Goodbye for now, my friends ...
Hey man I hate to hear about your company downsizing and I do hope everything works out for you and anyone else that had to leave. Good luck with future endeavors and I hope to see you back on here soon.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

(04-24-2014, 11:40 PM)kevinr Wrote: Hey man I hate to hear about your company downsizing and I do hope everything works out for you and anyone else that had to leave. Good luck with future endeavors and I hope to see you back on here soon.
Thanks man ... always remember where you got your first Jordan auto! LOL

I'll be back. I'll just be wearing a different uniform number when I do.

Hope everything works out like you think! Board will still be here whenever you get back!

Ah RJ. Good luck man. I hope that every thing else has been going well with you. Hopefully the severance package is fat.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(04-25-2014, 02:12 AM)jdetter23 Wrote: Hope everything works out like you think! Board will still be here whenever you get back!
Yep, this is a good thing. I'm looking forward to it!
(04-25-2014, 08:24 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: Ah RJ. Good luck man. I hope that every thing else has been going well with you. Hopefully the severance package is fat.
Yeah, actually was decent to start out with and I just found out there's an extra 80 hours of vacation pay I had coming (they do it in installments instead of accrual) that I didn't know about.

This will be a good thing.

And you and I are gonna get back on track, my man. It's a fact!

(04-25-2014, 07:05 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yep, this is a good thing. I'm looking forward to it!

Yeah, actually was decent to start out with and I just found out there's an extra 80 hours of vacation pay I had coming (they do it in installments instead of accrual) that I didn't know about.

This will be a good thing.

And you and I are gonna get back on track, my man. It's a fact!
Hey an extra two weeks severance is sweet man. I know you were there for about 10 years, right(pretty sure we discussed that once).

Now does this mean that you will lose your insurance or is that a) through the wife, or b) you get COBRA??
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(04-25-2014, 08:24 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: Hey an extra two weeks severance is sweet man. I know you were there for about 10 years, right(pretty sure we discussed that once).

Now does this mean that you will lose your insurance or is that a) through the wife, or b) you get COBRA??
Yep, just made 11 years in February.

Or, as I like to call it, "The Decade of Dominance."

We are losing our insurance, but it sucked anyway.

We actually, because my layoff counts as a "trigger" event, now qualify for Covered California and will actually be able to afford Kaiser (which is a big deal out here.)

No more deductibles — only co-pays!

Trust me, this is a pretty sweet deal.

we'll be waiting for your return, i hope everything works out with your future endeavors!!!!
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(04-27-2014, 02:54 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: we'll be waiting for your return, i hope everything works out with your future endeavors!!!!
Thanks man, I'm already getting some nibbles so I'm feeling good about things. I'll be back!