`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Mislabeled BGS 9.5 Triumvarite Illuminators! BECKETT STAFF PLEASE LOOK!

Mislabeled BGS 9.5 Triumvarite Illuminators! BECKETT STAFF PLEASE LOOK!
I've been researching the Triumvirate illuminator's after buying and selling one and finding out I sold an incorrectly labelled Luminescent as an Illuminator!

I took a big loss on the card and had to pay out of my own pocket to make it right for the buyer... A $600 loss!

I now have the incorrectly labelled Luminescent back and would like it to be labelled correctly! Even though it will cause me to lose even more money on it!

I would like to hear from (BECKETT STAFF) on this matter because after looking into the Illuminators recently for sale I have noticed at least 4 to be incorrectly labelled and this inconsistency has and will continue to cost collectors money in buying and over paying for the wrong cards!

Below are pics to see the difference in an Illuminator(left) to a Luminescent(right)...Looking down from the top view....

*Notice both cards are BGS 9.5 and Labelled as Illuminator!

[Image: IMG_2106_zpsfc1398b4.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2111_zps2bd71281.jpg]

Back is the best way to tell the difference!
[Image: IMG_2116_zpsb5e21c0f.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2117_zpsfb5942ed.jpg]
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

RE: Mislabeled BGS 9.5 Triumvarite Illuminators! BECKETT STAFF PLEASE LOOK!
Wow that's a big price difference, sucks.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

What is the difference in odds of getting the cards?
I am into collecting Charles Barkley, Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. I alos will collect Goldy.
Right now most cards are not in the trade section, but in my org, so look there first to see what I have and then PM me an offer and if accepted I will move it to the trade section, ready to be traded.

if you want to hear from ebckett staff, posting it here wont accomplish that. you might have better success posting in the grading forum, or by contacting jeffv96masters

Huge difference,sucks man! I could always tell the two variations a part from easily because I have both variations.If you don't have both it is very difficult judging from a picture.

Illuminator - a plastic feel with a refractor finish front and back.

I hope something can be done for you but I have my doubts man.
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]

(03-18-2014, 12:07 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: if you want to hear from ebckett staff, posting it here wont accomplish that. you might have better success posting in the grading forum, or by contacting jeffv96masters
Thanks for the info! Posted it on the grading Forum as well...

(03-18-2014, 12:57 PM)aarhart1985 Wrote: Huge difference,sucks man! I could always tell the two variations a part from easily because I have both variations.If you don't have both it is very difficult judging from a picture.

Illuminator - a plastic feel with a refractor finish front and back.

I hope something can be done for you but I have my doubts man.
Yeah I wish I had of known what I was getting into, it really did turn into a mess, the original seller probably knew it wasn't right and played dumb once I put it to him...

I could have just sold the card on again and let it be someone else's problem, but I just can't knowingly do that!

I'm the one that's going to lose the most in getting the card slabbed correctly!

I'm not really seeking financial restitution, I'd rather have Beckett do something about this issue as to not let other collectors get in the same trouble I found myself to be in!

See what happens I guess...

Taken directly from this Beckett Site on the info on each card...lol

*ILLUMINATOR*
Randomly inserted in series one retail packs only at one in 384, these cards feature three NBA teammates that can be fused together. These laser cut cards use Illuminator technology to parallel the regular Triumvirate insert set. The cards feature a fully transparent card front compared to the "solid" front base version. Card backs are numbered with a "T" prefix. To ascertain values on individual cards, please refer to the multiplier in the header below, coupled with the value of the base card.

*LUMINESCENT*
Randomly inserted in both series retail packs only at one in 192, these cards feature three NBA teammates that can be fused together. These laser cut cards use a luminescent technology to parallel the basic Triumvirate set. Card backs are numbered with a "T" prefix. To ascertain individual card values, please refer to the multiplier in the header below coupled with the value of the basic card.

I've had no response in this thread and a somewhat disappointing response in the other thread I created in the BGS grading services thread....

Seriously disappointed in Beckett as a company so far on this matter and this is making me question collecting BGS cards altogether...

Here's a link to ANOTHER mislabelled Luminescent as an Illuminator.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHAEL-JORDAN-1...27e157a99e

Sweet looking cards
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK