`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I lost $1,000 on my 2013-14 Panini Gold Standard Case Break

I lost $1,000 on my 2013-14 Panini Gold Standard Case Break
I never expect to make money....but to break a 10-box sealed case and not come away with one cool card for the personal collection!

So I listed all the cards on-line and below are the results.

http://forloveofhomeplate.com/fools-gold...-standard/

It's even more than $1,000 when you factor I didn't remove selling expenses and time to list.....Not sure I will ever go back to that product again.

Anyone else have different experiences...was this a horrible case....or normal based on what you have seen for this product?

photo SmallRedemptions_zps9f7d2f6a.jpg
[Image: Zg60sg4.png]

RE: I lost $1,000 on my 2013-14 Panini Gold Standard Case Break
Looks like you sold some cards for less than they are worth.
I am into collecting Charles Barkley, Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. I alos will collect Goldy.
Right now most cards are not in the trade section, but in my org, so look there first to see what I have and then PM me an offer and if accepted I will move it to the trade section, ready to be traded.

Wow, very cool chart and breakdown of each individual box. Sorry to hear about your misfortune though. I collect for the love as the hobby too. Its funny, my reaction after a box or pack break is based more on how well the player might be in the NBA. For example, if I pulled a Thaddeus Young auto I'd be ecstatic because I love the way he plays but his auto cards may not be worth a lot. That doesn't matter to me. I love basketball and collecting NBA cards.

With that said, I don't think I would ever bust a case of any Panini product. I'm not fond of their designs or the quality of their cards themselves. I'm very picky with their cards so buying singles is best suited for me. I busted one case and it was 08'09 SP Authentic, most fun I ever had.

Panini's line of products for the current 13'14 season is not very good, imo. Totally Certified is very hit or miss and unlike past year's does not have a patch per box. The autograph list has some real questionable players in it for being a $100 box of cards. Timeless Treasures is very hit or miss too. The only product I liked so far is Prizm. But I feel they too many parallels compared to last year's 1st Prizm basketball which only had base prizm, green, gold and black parallels.

I hope you have much better luck in your future breaks and/or get hits for your pc.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(03-01-2014, 11:22 AM)classical_hero Wrote: Looks like you sold some cards for less than they are worth.
What "value" are you referring to? I broke the case the day it was released and put the cards up immediately for sale on eBay in 7 day auctions. Thus the values were being determined in real-time by collectors.

I have over 2,000+ positive feedbacks and 100% rating Power Seller shipping Internationally as well (The Durant Gold was sold to a buyer in China).

If you know somewhere I could get more money for the cards I would love to know!
(03-01-2014, 11:29 AM)vgqv Wrote: Wow, very cool chart and breakdown of each individual box. Sorry to hear about your misfortune though. I collect for the love as the hobby too. Its funny, my reaction after a box or pack break is based more on how well the player might be in the NBA. For example, if I pulled a Thaddeus Young auto I'd be ecstatic because I love the way he plays but his auto cards may not be worth a lot. That doesn't matter to me. I love basketball and collecting NBA cards.

I hope you have much better luck in your future breaks and/or get hits for your pc.
Thanks Brother....I did end up keeping the Scottie Pippen on-card Auto since I didn't have one in my PC yet. I just took the highest selling price for that card the week I sold the rest to factor into the average.

On to the next one! Good Luck to you Too!

dude i fell for ya but when are people going to learn panini sucks...there is no product where you dont lose your butt. too much junk in the boxes. it should tell us all something when a numbered magic johnson auto sells for 50 bucks!! what a joke.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

sorry about the tough break!Great break down, If you pulled an Anfernee Hardaway base card /199 please message me!
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]

(03-01-2014, 09:28 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: dude i fell for ya but when are people going to learn panini sucks...there is no product where you dont lose your butt. too much junk in the boxes. it should tell us all something when a numbered magic johnson auto sells for 50 bucks!! what a joke.
Worse yet....the Magic Auto was a redemption card....so more than likely someone will be waiting for a long time before they get that card.

(03-01-2014, 10:58 PM)aarhart1985 Wrote: sorry about the tough break!Great break down, If you pulled an Anfernee Hardaway base card /199 please message me!
Thanks...No Penny base pull....though that would be a card I thought was cool! Glad Orlando is retiring his number finally!

You should call and tell the bay that everything isn't okay and your sports cards are selling for next to nothing.
[Image: sgttranski_zpsea3fa47c.jpg]

Looks like you at least pulled a few cool cards at least. The Pippen, Waiters, and Magic cards are good pulls, although that's 3 cards out of a case. Whenever I buy a new box on release day I prefer doing buy it now. If your cards are the first ones on the Bay then you are setting the market price. Just my 2 cents. Love the write up though, very interesting!

Good luck on your next break!
Always willing to trade for Dwyane Wade/Alonzo Mourning Cards

(03-02-2014, 03:38 PM)AdamTranski Wrote: You should call and tell the bay that everything isn't okay and your sports cards are selling for next to nothing.
I don't have a problem with the Bay....in this particular scenario I don't think Panini did a good job collating the cases. As I felt the sealed one I broke was lacking in hits.

I thought $122 was high for the Dion Waiters Patch card...but even that big sell barely gets you half way out of a single box....and that was the case hit!

(03-02-2014, 06:38 PM)ndevoy Wrote: Looks like you at least pulled a few cool cards at least. The Pippen, Waiters, and Magic cards are good pulls, although that's 3 cards out of a case. Whenever I buy a new box on release day I prefer doing buy it now. If your cards are the first ones on the Bay then you are setting the market price. Just my 2 cents. Love the write up though, very interesting!

Good luck on your next break!
Thanks....I agree and follow your strategy completely...I picked up my sealed case in person (I had pre-ordered it) the day of release and put the cards out the next day. I just waited to post the results as you know sometimes people don't pay for items, etc...So the numbers I posted were many of the first ones sold.

My next case break currently out is Hockey ITG Stickworks which I was very impressed with their product and collation. Good stuff...so luckily the funk didn't last too long!