`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
10+ YEAR COLLECTIONS

10+ YEAR COLLECTIONS
I started collection Keary Colbert cards and memorabilia since before he was drafted in 2004. That has really been the only thing I have collected besides some sets and memorabilia. Its been a constant day in and day out search to accumulate what I have today. I have been a member of countless sites and forums trying to get anything possible. And spent a large amount of money on this quest. Its still fun to this day finding cool cards and looking at the collection. I have never had the urge to collect a hofer or other star player since I see those cards everyday at the shop and in our shops private inventory. I am just wondering who else has been at it for atleast 10 years. Not 10 years in the hobby but strictly collecting the same thing for that long. I don't know when I will wrap this collection up as it will never be done. Since I am trying to achieve 100% completion of certain set runs.

[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

RE: 10+ YEAR COLLECTIONS
With all the /10's and 1/1's in this hobby and so called "rare" cards I'm sure you can attest to some true rarities! Good luck in your endeavors and very impressive collection and span of collecting him.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(02-26-2014, 03:39 PM)branesergen Wrote: With all the /10's and 1/1's in this hobby and so called "rare" cards I'm sure you can attest to some true rarities! Good luck in your endeavors and very impressive collection and span of collecting him.
Yeah the hobby definitely has changed a lot in the past ten years. Overproduction is happening again, although its not as bad as before. Its has been very hard collecting him the past few years though...he's now in the category of bargain box so stuff really is not listed very much...I think there are 400 listings on ebay now but there are only maybe 10-20 new listings a month...everything just rotates to the top.

Well, not sure if this counts, but I have several Favre cards I got in packs in 1991. Didn't even know what I had until the Packers traded for him in 1992. Definitely don't have anywhere near your collection of Colbert, as I didn't have the money to buy a lot until the last few years, but I've been making some strides (almost to 800 different Favres!). But I still enjoy every minute of the hobby, even though they've been way overproducing stuff. Like you said, not like the 90s, thankfully, but the sheer number of different sets and such that they make is a little mindboggling, and I wouldn't even want to try and get EVERY RC of Eddie Lacy like I've been trying to do for Favre. I've already got 68 different Lacys, and only have 4.8% of all of them! He's got over 1400 cards ALREADY! And many of them are low numbered and/or autos, so there's no way I'd ever be able to afford to get anywhere close to that. The one good thing about that is that there are that many other cards that other people have the chance to get, which is good, but dang that's a lot!

(02-26-2014, 04:24 PM)bojesphob Wrote: Well, not sure if this counts, but I have several Favre cards I got in packs in 1991. Didn't even know what I had until the Packers traded for him in 1992. Definitely don't have anywhere near your collection of Colbert, as I didn't have the money to buy a lot until the last few years, but I've been making some strides (almost to 800 different Favres!). But I still enjoy every minute of the hobby, even though they've been way overproducing stuff. Like you said, not like the 90s, thankfully, but the sheer number of different sets and such that they make is a little mindboggling, and I wouldn't even want to try and get EVERY RC of Eddie Lacy like I've been trying to do for Favre. I've already got 68 different Lacys, and only have 4.8% of all of them! He's got over 1400 cards ALREADY! And many of them are low numbered and/or autos, so there's no way I'd ever be able to afford to get anywhere close to that. The one good thing about that is that there are that many other cards that other people have the chance to get, which is good, but dang that's a lot!
There is no right or wrong way to collect. So if I ever collected any of the new guys I would focus on on-card autographs and the cool looking cards. You cannot possibly get every card anymore. As far as favre goes...that's ALOT of money lol...there are so many favre collectors competing for the same cards.

Well I've been collecting John Elway since I got his 1986 Topps card in 1986. The next year I got his '87 card and his '88 card the following year. 1988 was also the year I bought his '84 and '85 cards so it was pretty easy then. I thinks his rookie card costed my $6 or $7 at that time. I've been collecting Elway ever since taking a hiatus or two when I was going through school and didn't have much money to my name. I remember looking at all the cool Elway cards that came out late in his career and wondering if I'd ever find them or ever have the money to buy them. I've been able to get most of the ones I've always wanted and continue to buy new releases. I now have ~ 3000 different John Elway cards. So long story short, I guess I can say I've been collecting Elway cards since 1986.

Don't tell my wife.
http://photobucket.com/johnelway

Always looking for Elway cards. Especially hard to find parallels and inserts from the '90s, i.e., any Leaf Mirror card or Donruss Elite parallel

Started up collecting again when Ron Dayne was a rookie in 2000, and started Wisconsin stuff in earnest in 2001 when I pulled some Michael Bennett jersey card. Thought it was cool...and the rest is history! lol
Close to 4,000 unique cards of 213 different alums.

And yes, 2004 was a big year--Lee Evans style. Smile
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

I been collecting star wars toys since 1978 Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

I have been collecting Vince Young since the beginning. Its a lot cheaper now! My focus is still getting the autos. I am at 499 and will be getting a "special" auto coming in soon. When that comes in as I have promised to some......I will post all 5oo different/unique autos.
[Image: vince.jpg]

Not far behind you as I started collecting the Browns RC Charlie Frye in 2005. Was hopeful he'd be the guy and bought everything I could find. A little different than your collection in that I only focus on his 2005 rookie year stuff but have not stopped hoarding since. It's kind of fun having your own little collecting niche so I'm just fine that not many (there are a few) people collecting him. Keep up with the collection, I've seen it on some other sites and it looks awesome!