Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A Beckett Website Update

A Beckett Website Update
To our Beckett.com Members,

We want to sincerely apologize for the recent slowdown in service to users of the organize software tool. We hear you loud and clear and understand your frustration with this portion of our website, as well as speed issues with other functions on the site recently. This problem can be attributed to growing pains as much as anything else. The good news is that we have more collectors than ever before accessing data, organizing their collections, and trading with other collectors on our site. The bads news is that we have not been fully prepared to handle the vast amount of quick growth that we've experienced in this area. No one wants this problem to be resolved as much as we do and we're not asking for you to excuse us from our obligations. You have our commitment to turn this short term speed problem into a long term positive change in how the backend architecture of the site is designed so that this will not be a recurring problem.

In short, new servers have been installed and we are experiencing noticeable improvements in speed. Heavily traveled and queried portions of the site, like organize, will be changed structurally to allow more timely access now and in the future. You should notice even more improvements in speed to Organize within the next two weeks and more permanent speed enhancements after all hardware and architectural changes are installed over the next four weeks. We realize that this can be a long time to wait, since you've already been waiting for some time, but we strongly feel that those who stick with us will be quite pleased with the final results and pleased with the array of enhancements and new services that will become possible in 2014 due to this hardware and software restructuring.

Direct Collector-to-Collector (C2C) buying and selling is just one of the many significant enhancements that Organize users will enjoy, but that's just for starters. We are committed to making Organize the fastest, most user friendly collecting software on the market and we hope that you will agree once we all pass this current road block.

Customer communication has not always been our strong suit and we realize it. We're taking steps to change this situation as well, and we trust that you'll notice improvements over the coming months on this front.

We thank you for your patience.

Dan Hitt
Senior Manager - eCommerce

RE: A Beckett Website Update
Hi Dan:
I'm assuming the improvements were not previous to last evening (2/10/14), as it took me 20 minutes to look up the price of 5 cards, and that's probably understating the time. To me, this is the area you need to address the most, as this is the part of your site I pay for.
I have given up on trying to keep my org up to date, as the last 4-5 times i have starting working on it, it quickly became unusably slow. I understand this is a "bonus" area of the site, so I will not complain about that, but it would be nice to have that working in a usable fashion.
Please let me know as my subscription is coming due, and if the price look up functionality is not improved considerably compared to recent attempts to use, I will not be resubscribing.
Thank you and I'm looking forward to hearing about the improvement timetable.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

(02-11-2014, 10:03 AM)bselje Wrote: Please let me know as my subscription is coming due, and if the price look up functionality is not improved considerably compared to recent attempts to use, I will not be resubscribing.
Thank you and I'm looking forward to hearing about the improvement timetable.
Agreed. Except my subscription already came due (end of January), and while I had unsubscribed sometime last year, I was automatically charged for another year of super-slow, semi-functional Organize. Great. 3 calls and 15 emails later, and.....Beckett Customer Service can't even bother to respond. I can't even imagine what I'm paying for at this point. Certainly isn't a fully functional Organize, or even an average level of customer service...
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

(02-11-2014, 02:58 PM)sconnienation3 Wrote: Agreed. Except my subscription already came due (end of January), and while I had unsubscribed sometime last year, I was automatically charged for another year of super-slow, semi-functional Organize. Great. 3 calls and 15 emails later, and.....Beckett Customer Service can't even bother to respond. I can't even imagine what I'm paying for at this point. Certainly isn't a fully functional Organize, or even an average level of customer service...
Only one year of super-slow, semi-functional organize? Count yourself as lucky, my man! I am still waiting on the "expect big things" speech the ceo gave 3-4 years ago! I guess big things means a pain in the ace at triple the price!!! bahahhahaha

The sort by year issue has been fixed Smile
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)