`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou Brock Snipe! (Updated)

RE: Lou Brock Snipe!
(12-31-2013, 12:22 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: If you checked and compared, it probably is real, and for your personal collection, you don't need authentication. Only if you want to sell it easier and for more money.

I have several pieces that were signed in front of me. I know they're real and unless I sell them, I don't really need authentication. The weirdest auto of my collection is Phil Rizzuto's sig on my copy of Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell album. Do I need PSA? Nah. Not selling it.
WOW, that is so cool, Rizzuto on a Meatloaf Album...awesome...I have David Robinson on a J.R.R. Tolkien book "The Children of Hurin" it was the only thing he could sign when I met him in the Airport in Arizona and San Antonio (we were on the same flight together).

(12-30-2013, 11:31 PM)minitracer Wrote: Well I do wish you luck. Let us know the outcome and Happy New Year.
Thanks man and Happy New Year
(12-31-2013, 12:22 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: If you checked and compared, it probably is real, and for your personal collection, you don't need authentication. Only if you want to sell it easier and for more money.

I have several pieces that were signed in front of me. I know they're real and unless I sell them, I don't really need authentication. The weirdest auto of my collection is Phil Rizzuto's sig on my copy of Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell album. Do I need PSA? Nah. Not selling it.
Wow that is really unique! Where'd you meet him for him to sign it? Oh and I think it will staying in the PC for a little while until I need some extra cash haha

(12-31-2013, 01:50 PM)The_Baseball_Fan Wrote: Thanks man and Happy New Year

Wow that is really unique! Where'd you meet him for him to sign it? Oh and I think it will staying in the PC for a little while until I need some extra cash haha
Yeah, look at my post in Baseball for Weirdest Baseball Auto. Full story is there. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-31-2013, 04:36 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah, look at my post in Baseball for Weirdest Baseball Auto. Full story is there. Smile
Haha just saw it, that is a pretty awesome story, thanks for sharing!

(12-31-2013, 06:23 PM)The_Baseball_Fan Wrote: Haha just saw it, that is a pretty awesome story, thanks for sharing!
Thanks!
Glad you enjoyed it!
Hope you get your Brock card ASAP!
That's a good way to start the New Year! Have a Happy!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Bump!!!!

RE: Lou Brock Snipe! (Updated)
Did you get the card?

nice !!
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(01-21-2014, 11:42 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Did you get the card?
Yep card arrived in great condition! The Auto looks stunning and I can't believe I got it so cheap! Any ideas on where I should get it certified?

(01-22-2014, 08:00 PM)The_Baseball_Fan Wrote: Yep card arrived in great condition! The Auto looks stunning and I can't believe I got it so cheap! Any ideas on where I should get it certified?
Congrats!
Post it up and share! Would love to see it!
As far as grading/certification? I surely can't advise, I have no first hand info.