`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thick Michael Jordan Auto Card - Centering on Back - What is the Grade? Opinions Plz

Thick Michael Jordan Auto Card - Centering on Back - What is the Grade? Opinions Plz
I just busted open a case of 2011-12 Upper Deck Exquisite Basketball. I pulled an MJ auto as well as a cool Bird and Magic/West dual auto patch. The MJ's surface looks awesome...the corners and edges also look nice. I want to send it in for grading. However, the reverse side appears to be OC. Questions...

1) IYO, what will my MJ grade based on the pics. How bad will the reverse side OC knock down my overall card grade or sub grade for centering?

2) Are these other two cards worth grading? What do you think the grades would be? The Bird's reverse side centering is nearly perfect, FYI.

3) The MJ and Bird cards are 6+ MM think. Will they fit in a regular BGS holder or will I have to ask for special holders for this card? Will that increase the costs for grading? The dual patch card is large when opened...are there extra fees for a large holder here as well?

TY in Advance...

Alex in NC

Cards Pics Located Here (300 DPI, download to see high res):

http://imgur.com/a/s2WA6

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Thick Michael Jordan Auto Card - Centering on Back - What is the Grade? Opinions Plz
Ouch.....That "might" make a 70/30 for a 9 on the back. It's gonna be close. If the rest of the card stands up you still might snag a 9.5 if the Edges, Surface, and Corners pull a 9.5 with a possible 9 on the centering. That sucks for a brand new card in today's market. Any chance of a replacement from the company by chance?

RE: Thick Michael Jordan Auto Card - Centering on Back - What is the Grade? Opinions Plz
That centering is pretty brutal but you know what? It's an expensive MJ auto card. At worst get it slabbed authentic if it doesn't meet the minimum grade you want.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(01-08-2014, 09:16 PM)fast93bird Wrote: Ouch.....That "might" make a 70/30 for a 9 on the back. It's gonna be close. If the rest of the card stands up you still might snag a 9.5 if the Edges, Surface, and Corners pull a 9.5 with a possible 9 on the centering. That sucks for a brand new card in today's market. Any chance of a replacement from the company by chance?
I have never heard of doing this. I spent about $5 ripping many UD Exquisite boxes last night. Every "big hit" card hard damage of some sort. See this other MJ card...the plastic cover face of the card is jagged like someone miscut it with a hand scissors on the left side and bottom right. The back also has significant corner damage. Paying $1500 per case, I would expect to get cards in near perfect condition. I want to complain and request a return and exchange for these two MJ cards. In you experience is this possible? If so, what route/way would you recommend I proceed. Would they accept the poor centering card as a return and exchange do you think? Alex

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It might be possible. Many a moon ago (think 1993) I pulled a Emmitt Smith die cut All Pro insert from the 1993 Sp set. Came out of the pack with a crunched corner. I contacted Upper Deck, they gave me an address, I dropped it in the mail, few weeks later, a gorgeous replacement showed up in my mail.

Contact the company and ask. Doesn't hurt to try unless you're low on cell phone minutes.

(01-08-2014, 11:25 PM)fast93bird Wrote: It might be possible. Many a moon ago (think 1993) I pulled a Emmitt Smith die cut All Pro insert from the 1993 Sp set. Came out of the pack with a crunched corner. I contacted Upper Deck, they gave me an address, I dropped it in the mail, few weeks later, a gorgeous replacement showed up in my mail.

Contact the company and ask. Doesn't hurt to try unless you're low on cell phone minutes.
Thanks! I will post the results.
(01-08-2014, 11:25 PM)fast93bird Wrote: It might be possible. Many a moon ago (think 1993) I pulled a Emmitt Smith die cut All Pro insert from the 1993 Sp set. Came out of the pack with a crunched corner. I contacted Upper Deck, they gave me an address, I dropped it in the mail, few weeks later, a gorgeous replacement showed up in my mail.

What do you think about the bird and the west/magic dual book...worth getting graded assuming I am trying for a 9-9.5 overall on each?

At quick peek the rest of them look pretty good. The corners on the Bird.....are those supposed to be rounded like that or is it an optical illusion?

(01-09-2014, 01:11 AM)fast93bird Wrote: At quick peek the rest of them look pretty good. The corners on the Bird.....are those supposed to be rounded like that or is it an optical illusion?
supposed to be rounded

I just filed a request for an exchange...I will keep everyone posted

To answer your other question: Yes, there is an oversized surcharge for each oversized item. And this applies to booklets too.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!