`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Unfortunately it is close to being time…UPDATE: I'm baaaaack

Unfortunately it is close to being time…UPDATE: I'm baaaaack
UPDATE: New location, new job, and now it's time to try and cure my trading withdrawals. Saw that Roger Rabbit pulled a killer Pedroia, anyone else?
Over the next couple days I will be responding to all the pending trades.

UPDATE Friday January 17th: The time has come. I've now been retired for a week and have a weeks worth of facial hair to prove it. I have to close down shop for a little while. I will be relocating for my new job. I need to close out all trades by latest Saturday January 18th or I will be forced to cancel them out. Don't want to do that but I also don't want to leave any traders hanging. I'm hoping to be up and running again in less than a month. Once again, many thanks to all the superb traders here at Beckett! -Rob
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not a fire sale. I have not stopped collecting. I have to unfortunately stop trading for a little while, but it is for positive reasons. For those of you that don’t know, I’m an active duty Marine. My time has come to a close with the Marine Corps and I will be hanging up my uniform after 20 years of service. As you may be able to imagine my life and life style will be going through a drastic change. The positive, I have already found a job and much to my surprise a substantial pay increase from what I was making. The negative, I am going to have to relocate. What that means is I will have to pack the cards and will not be able to start trading again until I have settled into my new residence. What I hope to do though is buy a whole bunch of wax in the interim to keep myself occupied and what that means for all of you is I should have a bunch of new cards for trade when I have settled. Oh, and of course, I will be trolling EvilBay for Pedroia cards. My actual retirement date is January 10 and thus that weekend is when I will stop trading. My goal however is to be back trading before February 10.
I have about 15 more days to trade.
So the countdown has begun, let’s get some trades done.

WTTF: Pedroia, Red Sox, Pedroia, HOF, Pedroia, 2009 Goodwin mini’s and Dustin Pedroia.

Thank you,
Rob

RE: Unfortunately it is close to being time………
can't help you with your Pedroia collection, but congratulations on the exciting upcoming changes in your life

Hoorah... I retired in 2009 after 22 years... Enjoy your retirement bud and welcome to the "after" life... Smile

(12-26-2013, 09:11 PM)bravesfanatic11 Wrote: can't help you with your Pedroia collection, but congratulations on the exciting upcoming changes in your life
Thank you.
You have a lot of nice stuff in your org. Check out mine and see if their is anything you want and send an offer. I'm sure we could work something out.
(12-26-2013, 09:31 PM)Sargieboy Wrote: Hoorah... I retired in 2009 after 22 years... Enjoy your retirement bud and welcome to the "after" life... Smile
Thanks brother. Still a little nerve racking at this point, but I can't wait!

Just remember "Civilians" make no sense... and you will be fine... Smile

Congrats man!! Well if ur bored, give me a look. Thanks.

Congrats on your retirement, it definitely is tough getting used to the civilian life again, but it will come eventually. Enjoy it!

Congrats on retirement and the new job! Semper Fi & I look forward to your return.

Thanks for your 20 years of service to our country!
Good luck in relocating and hope to trade with you in the future!
See you in February!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-26-2013, 10:14 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: Congrats man!! Well if ur bored, give me a look. Thanks.
Sent an offer with a question.
(12-26-2013, 10:52 PM)JRMdawg311 Wrote: Congrats on retirement and the new job! Semper Fi & I look forward to your return.
(12-26-2013, 10:44 PM)decriscio619 Wrote: Congrats on your retirement, it definitely is tough getting used to the civilian life again, but it will come eventually. Enjoy it!
(12-26-2013, 11:07 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Thanks for your 20 years of service to our country!
Good luck in relocating and hope to trade with you in the future!
See you in February!
Thank you.