`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I can't take this any more. Done trading for a while.

I can't take this any more. Done trading for a while.
Basically, eff the USPS.

With a telephone pole wrapped in barbed wire.

They will not be stealing any more of my money (or my cards, I'm convinced of it now) from this day forward.

In the last six weeks, they have:

— Lost one of my trades I was supposed to receive over six weeks ago.

And yes, it has tracking. In other words, they can officially verify that it's lost and they don't know where it is.

After 37 days, a guy at the post office ACTUALLY said, "we may have to do a manual search at this point."

He's lucky he didn't end up in intensive care with that s--t.

— I made a trade with a member stationed overseas. He received my end in seven days flat.

He shipped the day after I did, and it's been 15 days and I haven't received mine yet.

But the "priority" mail "tracking" number does inform me that it was "accepted" 15 days ago.

— I mailed another card — yes, with "first class" tracking — on Monday, from California to Washington state. It's still not there yet, five days later.

WHAT EXACTLY IN THE EFF AM I PAYING EXTRA FOR, USPS!

YOU KNOW WHAT — F--K YOU!!!

Basically, I'm done trading. Sorry guys, but I can't take the stress.

This latest one, for example — I love the card I got from the guy in Washington.

I do not want to give it back. I also do not want to have to basically give up the card I gave up to get it, because I liked that one, too.

But as you know, you have to give up something to get something.

They are a freaking joke.

No wonder they're bankrupt — PIECES OF S--T!

Best case scenario — and this is BEST case — they just don't give a s--t about taking pride in their work.

Worst case — they are stealing my cards. Period. Has to be, right?

Think about this ... In, oh, I don't know, 20 years of sending my phone bill via regular mail with a plain old stamp, I have never ONCE had the phone company call me and tell me they didn't get it.

Sooooo ... but when I pay $3 and ship it safely in a bubble envelope AND pay extra for tracking, this can happen THREE EFFING TIMES in the last two months?

Yeah, you know what?

All the problems are in the San Jose and Oakland facilities, so there is obviously a doosh or two in those places that realizes what is probably in these bubble mailers and has to be pocketing them.

And yes, predictably, one of you will try to enlighten us about the processing machine and damaged mail and blah blah blah freaking blah.

Save it for someone who gives a crap.

It's been fun trading with most of you, but I'm not doing it anymore.

RE: I can't take this any more. Done trading for a while.
That really sucks. I've done thousands of transactions via USPS, though, and only had stuff disappear once or twice so I guess I've been lucky.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

SORRY TO HEAR YOU WON'T BE TRADING ANYMORE, rjcj2017. I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF THAT WAS HAPPENING TO ME. AS I LOVE BEING ON THE BOARDS, AND NOT BE ABLE TO TRADE WOULD KILL ME. I MAY NOT HAVE MUCH TO OFFER AS TRADE BAIT, BUT IT SURE IS FUN TRYING TO TRADE. TAKE CARE AND HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN IN THE FUTURE.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

Wow that sucks big time.
[Image: Z5Ez1Jf.png]
Banner Courtesy of Jbel4331
Current FB Sets
2010 Panini Plates & Patches RPA (35/35)
2011 Panini Gold Standard RPS (36/36)
2012 Topps Strata Blue Clear Cut (42/43)
2013 Topps Inception Green RPA (39/40)
2014 Panini Immaculate Ink #'d/49 (10/24)

As a member of the USPS that you're ranting about, I can tell you that the problem is 1 person. Let me repeat that: 1 person. You've got a bad apple either in the office where you live or in the processing center that supplies you PO.

Somebody sees a certain type of envelope and decides to open it. He sees something he likes and gets away with it. He does it again and again. This happens from time to time. I wish I could tell you that it doesn't but it does. There was a truck driver that took christmas cards from people near where I live. It sucks, but it happens. Guess what, it happens with UPS and Fed Ex. Bad apples are in every company.

Talk to the Postmaster at your Post Office and tell him you want it investigated. There is an entire portion of the postal service dedicated to getting to the bottom of this type of thing. If they won't help you, contact me and I'll get people on it.

The reason I got back into collecting in the past year was because one of my customers was getting a whole lot of cards and I remembered what it was like to get packages of my own. That sold it for me. Somebody is obviously gone a few steps too far and deserves to be punished for it.

Let me know if I can help.
I want to also make clear that 99% of postal employees get extremely irked by people who steal because of their position. It gives us all a bad name. I just can't believe that he got greedy enough to do it this many times in such a short amount of time. He deserves to lose his job and go to jail.
[Image: BANNER_zpse7c3a158.jpg]

(11-22-2013, 09:47 PM)hempick Wrote: That really sucks. I've done thousands of transactions via USPS, though, and only had stuff disappear once or twice so I guess I've been lucky.
Well, me too. But it's happened too many times in a short span that I really think someone is lifting them. Unfortunately for them, they literally picked the worst guy possible to do that to.
(11-22-2013, 10:16 PM)maizenblue73175 Wrote: SORRY TO HEAR YOU WON'T BE TRADING ANYMORE, rjcj2017. I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF THAT WAS HAPPENING TO ME. AS I LOVE BEING ON THE BOARDS, AND NOT BE ABLE TO TRADE WOULD KILL ME. I MAY NOT HAVE MUCH TO OFFER AS TRADE BAIT, BUT IT SURE IS FUN TRYING TO TRADE. TAKE CARE AND HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN IN THE FUTURE.
I'll still be on the boards, just don't feel like donating to the "I'm a Doosh Bag Low Life A-- Hat USPS Worker That Steals Crap from Innocent People" fund any more.

But thanks though.
(11-22-2013, 10:16 PM)Kingofallmarks Wrote: Wow that sucks big time.
The thing is, I truly love trading on here ... I've made some really, really good buddies and picked up some truly sweet cards that I would never have otherwise.

But, like I said, I can no longer support the "I'm a Doosh Bag Low Life A-- Hat USPS Worker That Steals Crap from Innocent People" fund.
(11-22-2013, 10:17 PM)favrecollectors4 Wrote: As a member of the USPS that you're ranting about, I can tell you that the problem is 1 person. Let me repeat that: 1 person. You've got a bad apple either in the office where you live or in the processing center that supplies you PO.

Somebody sees a certain type of envelope and decides to open it. He sees something he likes and gets away with it. He does it again and again. This happens from time to time. I wish I could tell you that it doesn't but it does. There was a truck driver that took christmas cards from people near where I live. It sucks, but it happens. Guess what, it happens with UPS and Fed Ex. Bad apples are in every company.

Talk to the Postmaster at your Post Office and tell him you want it investigated. There is an entire portion of the postal service dedicated to getting to the bottom of this type of thing. If they won't help you, contact me and I'll get people on it.

The reason I got back into collecting in the past year was because one of my customers was getting a whole lot of cards and I remembered what it was like to get packages of my own. That sold it for me. Somebody is obviously gone a few steps too far and deserves to be punished for it.

Let me know if I can help.
I want to also make clear that 99% of postal employees get extremely irked by people who steal because of their position. It gives us all a bad name. I just can't believe that he got greedy enough to do it this many times in such a short amount of time. He deserves to lose his job and go to jail.
I appreciate that, man. And please don't think that any of that was directed toward anyone who is an honest, hard-working person.

One way to bypass this, well if it's at the post office is to basically go through PayPal and get shipping from there, and then drop into one of the blue boxes. I've do this and it costs me $1.69 for shipping with tracking.

Works good for me, and as you can see gets packages there faster it seems.

Don't leave the board, and hopefully it all goes smoothly bro.
[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA

(11-22-2013, 11:00 PM)gjhobbs Wrote: One way to bypass this, well if it's at the post office is to basically go through PayPal and get shipping from there, and then drop into one of the blue boxes. I've do this and it costs me $1.69 for shipping with tracking.

Works good for me, and as you can see gets packages there faster it seems.

Don't leave the board, and hopefully it all goes smoothly bro.
Just PM'd you, my good man.

Man I feel ur pain. This so called "delivered" package was lost and basically was told "we delivered it"! Long story short, I gave them "the business" and told them what I thought of them & the guy on my route! Thieving!!!

2013 Leaf Metal Draft Prismatic Red #BAGB1 Giovani Bernard
#'d/5
[Image: KGrHqYOKocFEWrIsTrBRL4-2qg60_57_zpsfaf33c6f.jpg]

So when this situation happened again within 2 weeks I definitely got suspicious! All I know is within a couple of days I had a new person delivering my mail!
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

(11-22-2013, 11:52 PM)pudge27t Wrote: Man I feel ur pain. This so called "delivered" package was lost and basically was told "we delivered it"! Long story short, I gave them "the business" and told them what I thought of them & the guy on my route! Thieving!!!

2013 Leaf Metal Draft Prismatic Red #BAGB1 Giovani Bernard
#'d/5
[Image: KGrHqYOKocFEWrIsTrBRL4-2qg60_57_zpsfaf33c6f.jpg]

So when this situation happened again within 2 weeks I definitely got suspicious! All I know is within a couple of days I had a new person delivering my mail!
Sumbich.