`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1968 Topps Nolan Ryan

1968 Topps Nolan Ryan
Was wondering if someone familiar with vintage could give me their opinion. I have a opportunity to buy a 68 Ryan rookie which is graded by BCCG as a 8. What would this equate to as a regular Beckett grade. I should be able to get the card for under $400. I think it's a great deal, but wanted a better opinion.

RE: 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan
Great deal if it's a real Beckett 8.........
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Tough to answer without seeing it but a BCCG 8 probably would be a 4-5 BVG in my opinion....maybe Bvg 6, but most likely not higher

If it were me, I'd stay away from any cards graded BCCG. My personal opinion is BCCG is just for people who don't want to spend much, but have a graded card. I agree with lilgman, I don't think the card would be more than a 5 BVG. I'd say wait till a BVG card comes along you like and can afford.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

The one thing with it being a BCCG would mean that the card is not counterfeit correct. I'd be happy with a BVG 4 or 5 card. Would the price that I can pick it up for, do you guys feel that's a good deal.

You can get graded 4's for well under $400 even graded 5's. Unless it was a great deal I probably wouldn't do it. Just check sold listings on ebay for a good idea of what you should pay. I have a graded 4 I picked up for $50.
Photobucket

Thanks Hiimitalian, i'm gonna keep checking the Ebay. If you find any deals, feel free to shoot me a link.
 photo coolsignature_zps2fe4f593.jpg

(11-08-2013, 09:05 PM)akellington Wrote: Thanks Hiimitalian, i'm gonna keep checking the Ebay. If you find any deals, feel free to shoot me a link.
No problem! Just monitor ebay for awhile, don't jump the gun right away. With good research you can get a pretty decent deal. If I see anything I definitely will send you the link!
Photobucket

Wow, I don't particularly like BCCG cards, but I had no idea the grades varied that much.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Just an odd thought that popped into my head right now, how would you like to be Jerry Koosman's grandkids or a fan and want his rookie card.....D'oh!
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!