`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Scanned Graded Card with Email Confirmation
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
45.45%
5 45.45%
No
54.55%
6 54.55%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Beckett Grading with Scanning

Beckett Grading with Scanning
When grading, how many would like to receive an email confirming grades and include a high resolution scan of each graded card?

RE: Beckett Grading with Scanning
how many of you expect that beckett should give you that service - specifically the scan - for free?

(11-06-2013, 05:43 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: how many of you expect that beckett should give you that service - specifically the scan - for free?
+34
(11-06-2013, 01:18 AM)jctone Wrote: When grading, how many would like to receive an email confirming grades and include a high resolution scan of each graded card?
A confirmation email for grades is already being sent.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I would like scans but Grading is expensive enough and I think the scanning would be cost prohibitive from a supply and demand stand point.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Scans are nice, but I sure wouldn't want to pay any extra. As it's been said, grading is costly enough. And besides, I have 2 scanners, I can do it myself. From a cost standpoint, scanners are so inexpensive now, to me it's cheaper in the long run to buy a scanner and do it myself as opposed to paying Beckett an added charge to the grading price. This is especially true if you have a lot of cards to get graded, I probably have at least 100 singles for my 1961 Topps set; an added charge for scanning would be prohibitive.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(11-06-2013, 08:47 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: +34

A confirmation email for grades is already being sent.
My suggestion was that they include a high resolution scan when they send email with grades. It will be a small additional to the processing that they do already to prepare the cards after grading.

It is beneficial for Beckett since it would separate their service level from other grading firms.
(11-06-2013, 08:18 PM)bamyanks Wrote: Scans are nice, but I sure wouldn't want to pay any extra. As it's been said, grading is costly enough. And besides, I have 2 scanners, I can do it myself. From a cost standpoint, scanners are so inexpensive now, to me it's cheaper in the long run to buy a scanner and do it myself as opposed to paying Beckett an added charge to the grading price. This is especially true if you have a lot of cards to get graded, I probably have at least 100 singles for my 1961 Topps set; an added charge for scanning would be prohibitive.
If you want a loyal customer base, you want to provide an additional service that others are not providing. Beckett has a routine in printing, prepping and sealing slabs. An additional step of a scan would not be a substantial burden. It might add a few seconds to the processing, but would have the potential of bringing new customers.

Like you said, scanners are cheap. Beckett could add scanners just like you and save you time.
(11-06-2013, 03:53 PM)y2hood Wrote: I would like scans but Grading is expensive enough and I think the scanning would be cost prohibitive from a supply and demand stand point.
Beckett can add this to improve their service level and customer loyalty or PSA can add this service before Beckett and Beckett risk losing some customers to the higher service level being offered.
Having a competitive edge is good for any business. Scanning would help everyone from Beckett, collectors, and buyers.

1. Collectors would benefit since not all of us have a high resolution scanners.
2. Buyers would benefit since they will have a Beckett certified scan.
3. Beckett has scan of their grading for internal quality control and tracking of graded slabs. They can also add directly to their registry.

they could also grade stuff for 1 dollar and ensure each of us that makes a submission gets a date with a super model. that would clearly put them ahead

(11-07-2013, 09:13 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: they could also grade stuff for 1 dollar and ensure each of us that makes a submission gets a date with a super model. that would clearly put them ahead
That would be Amazing!! Josh, put me down for Stacy Keibler!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Haha! I wish life was that easy.

(11-07-2013, 09:13 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: they could also grade stuff for 1 dollar and ensure each of us that makes a submission gets a date with a super model. that would clearly put them ahead
[Image: Shut-up-and-take-my-money_zps69043c9c.jpg]
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram