`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
bgs rejection letter regarding skybox autographics

RE: bgs rejection letter regarding skybox autographics
I think there is at least one more addition to that list they won't grade, and I don't understand why. In my first submission I sent in a Leon Day autograph from the 1994 Ted Williams Card Company. And what makes me really curious is there is a population report for this card. Why do I have to send it to JSA? I am sure not going to pay the extra JSA fee, it can stay ungraded until Beckett Grading Services changes it's tune. I'm still going to send in vintage, but it's funny how the rules can be changed in the middle of the game.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(09-08-2013, 12:16 AM)bamyanks Wrote: I think there is at least one more addition to that list they won't grade, and I don't understand why. In my first submission I sent in a Leon Day autograph from the 1994 Ted Williams Card Company. And what makes me really curious is there is a population report for this card. Why do I have to send it to JSA? I am sure not going to pay the extra JSA fee, it can stay ungraded until Beckett Grading Services changes it's tune. I'm still going to send in vintage, but it's funny how the rules can be changed in the middle of the game.
Its like the Topps Premier cards - The rules have changed because of an influx of fakes. BGS doesnt certify autos and if a card is known to be faked a lot and not clearly marked by the manufacturer then they would be liable for grading a fake and it would be nothing but bad press.

Which would you rather have? A card that needs to be authenticated first or find out a couple years later Beckett graded your fake auto? I, personally, would be more upset knowing a card in a BGS slab is fake. You're supposed to be able to trust BGS and if they get the reputation of grading known fakes then all trust is lost. There are graded fakes of the Topps Premier cards but once it became known that fakes were circulating in the market - they changed the rules.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(09-08-2013, 05:53 AM)branesergen Wrote: Its like the Topps Premier cards - The rules have changed because of an influx of fakes. BGS doesnt certify autos and if a card is known to be faked a lot and not clearly marked by the manufacturer then they would be liable for grading a fake and it would be nothing but bad press.

Which would you rather have? A card that needs to be authenticated first or find out a couple years later Beckett graded your fake auto? I, personally, would be more upset knowing a card in a BGS slab is fake. You're supposed to be able to trust BGS and if they get the reputation of grading known fakes then all trust is lost. There are graded fakes of the Topps Premier cards but once it became known that fakes were circulating in the market - they changed the rules.
+1 Well said Doc!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(09-08-2013, 05:53 AM)branesergen Wrote: Its like the Topps Premier cards - The rules have changed because of an influx of fakes. BGS doesnt certify autos and if a card is known to be faked a lot and not clearly marked by the manufacturer then they would be liable for grading a fake and it would be nothing but bad press.

Very eloquently put!
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

I question faking Leon Day. But maybe you're right.

[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]