`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking to buy: $3-$20 dollar cards, raising money for my charity for cancer research

looking to buy: $3-$20 dollar cards, raising money for my charity for cancer research
looking to buy baseball, basketball and football (especially baseball). i am NOT looking for game used and autos. if you want to throw some in, that's fine, but im not specifically looking for them

right now, looking for stuff 2001 and up, 2010 and up even better. however, i will take cards from all eras

all cards i buy will be sold to benefit my charity, Project Cupid (www.project-cupid.org), which helps raise funds for cancer research and cancer care for Dana Farber and The Jimmy Fund. 10% of every sale I make goes to charity, 20% of off-ebay sales. i also run auctions where 100% goes to charity. Project Cupid has raised over 60k in the past 4 years.

price rates at the moment:

$3 bv cards - 15 cents/card
$4 bv cards - 25 cents/card
$5 bv cards - 35 cents/card
$6 bv cards - 40 cents/card
$8 bv cards - 55 cents/card
$10 bv cards - 75 cents/card

and of course, ill pick up the shipping

minimum lot bv needs to be at least 300 dollars total. more is better. ideal lot would be around 1000-2000

i can go through your org and send an offer (preferred) or you can send me an offer

RE: looking to buy: $3-$20 dollar cards, raising money for my charity for cancer research
sat morning bump

RE: looking to buy: $3-$20 dollar cards, raising money for my charity for cancer research
sun morning bump

What is Project Cupid's IRS status? I would be possibly willing to donate some cards if Project Cupid has the right IRS status to where I could write off the donation to it on my taxes.
Collection of thousands baseball, football, basketball, and other cards from the 1980s - 1990s. Open to paypal (preferably) OR intriguing trade offers. Interested in Baltimore Orioles, Washington Nationals, Washington Bullets / Wizards, Washington Capitals, and Washington Redskins items.

(08-18-2013, 12:27 PM)boxer4psi Wrote: What is Project Cupid's IRS status? I would be possibly willing to donate some cards if Project Cupid has the right IRS status to where I could write off the donation to it on my taxes.
you cant write it off if you give to us. we are not our own entity, but rather a group that raises funds for the jimmy fund and dana farber. we are officially recognized by them, but all donations to us are considered "in-kind donations"

The Jimmy Fund and Dana Farber are outstanding and are certainly a worthwhile cause. Hopefully all of us in the hobby who have way too many cards laying around will do an early fall clean and donate. Of course Ted Williams would always do everything he could to help the Jimmy Fund. I will take a "dig" thru my stuff and let you know what find. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Ted Williams/Vintage Red Sox collector

(08-18-2013, 08:58 PM)oljey Wrote: The Jimmy Fund and Dana Farber are outstanding and are certainly a worthwhile cause. Hopefully all of us in the hobby who have way too many cards laying around will do an early fall clean and donate. Of course Ted Williams would always do everything he could to help the Jimmy Fund. I will take a "dig" thru my stuff and let you know what find. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
thank you, and thank you for the kind words for the JF. they really are great

Go through my org and see what you can come up with. I may have more $3 and up cards to ad as well.
Skyhawk27

Looking for NY Ranger players, especially lesser known and odd ball stuff.
Have 620 different players/6690 different cards and counting.
Derek Stepan - 89
Mark Messier - 536
Mark Martin - 342

(08-19-2013, 07:29 PM)skyhawk27 Wrote: Go through my org and see what you can come up with. I may have more $3 and up cards to ad as well.
sorry...you didnt have very much

still looking for more, folks