`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: What Should I do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Buy the Kobe
81.82%
9 81.82%
Buy the Wax
18.18%
2 18.18%
Keep the money and wait it out
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A small Dilemma- Need people to make a choice for me

A small Dilemma- Need people to make a choice for me
So I just came into a nice amount of PayPal. Some of the money is rationed out already...but I literally made double what I wanted to out of the items that I sold. I am figuring to treat myself. I have two choices here.

Option A- A Kobe Bryant insert that I have coveted for a month or two.

Option B- There is some wax on sale at a certain site that is 1/3 the price it was when the wax was released. The wax at that price is almost unspeakable considering the quality of people in it. The problem is that it is hockey and I don't like trading into Canada due to shipping.

I can get 4 full boxes with 4 hits per box, so 16 hits for the same money that I would pay for the Kobe insert.

I love collecting basketball cards but with the Bruins in the SC Finals and living in NH and being a hockey fan anyway...I have really caught the bug.

So I ask the great people of the Beckett forums to please help me make the choice. I can see the pros and cons of both.

The Kobe would be a PC thing. My true love in this hobby is breaking wax, period. It always has been and always will be regardless of the project I am working on.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

RE: A small Dilemma- Need people to make a choice for me
Kobe but I'm highly biased Smile
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

I say Kobe but I'm biased also. The feeling of getting that 1 card you've wanted for a while tops opening wax in my opinion
[Image: VSiDkeU.png]

buy the wax if its priced right but getting pc is nicer but some q's to ponder
How rare or hard to get is this kobe? will another one show up latter. will the wax go on special again more likely it will but depends on what product/brand it is
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Kobe...

Well you know my answer already. What Kobe is it btw?

I say go with the Kobe. Wax is fun but it is also a risk. With the Kobe you get something you for sure want. With wax you could get nothing. I havent bought any wax in a long time and I just buy singles. Im much happier doing this but thats just my opinion.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(06-18-2013, 10:17 AM)sonic311 Wrote: Well you know my answer already. What Kobe is it btw?
THe Golden Touch. There is one at a reasonable price that I am considering.

(06-18-2013, 09:13 AM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: buy the wax if its priced right but getting pc is nicer but some q's to ponder
How rare or hard to get is this kobe? will another one show up latter. will the wax go on special again more likely it will but depends on what product/brand it is
I am not sure how rare it is. I am thining that at the price it is being offered to me it is probably a good price. As for the Hockey, I honestly have no idea. I don't really collect hockey but I grabbed some of this product last year and did very well with it(I tripled what I had into the box...I also hit 10 autos in a box that should have had 4).

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

The Golden Touch is a very nice card, also on my wantlist. Is it raw or graded?
What price is it being offered at?

(06-18-2013, 12:08 PM)sonic311 Wrote: The Golden Touch is a very nice card, also on my wantlist. Is it raw or graded?
What price is it being offered at?
It is raw and looks to be OC a little. My buddy wants $225 for it. I don't see that as a great price since there is one on the bay currently for cheaper.