`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
*Updated with Auto'd Yelish ball pic* Just pulled a Bowman Debut Golden Contract

RE: Just pulled a Bowman Debut Golden Contract (pics)! Redeem or Sell?
Very true on the money aspect, thanks for your reply.

(06-05-2013, 03:51 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I'd go for the chance to get my own card - at worse you get an autographed baseball. At best you get your own card which would be very cool.

And don't forget its only money - if money was really that important would any of us buy cards?

Thanks for your reply, it would also be a plus if the ball is numbered or is "special".

(06-05-2013, 05:00 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: Keep it and go for maybe the only chance you and your son get at getting on a baseball card. I would hands down go for it. Money is Money comes & goes. I would in turn sell the ball if uninterested in the prospect.
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

I would 100% sign and Fedex that thing over... if you win - Have your "position" be a catcher... have you kneeling down behind home plate as your son is "opposing batter". Honestly, you know that would be more priceless than $500 bucks (and to be honest... eventually that $500 will end up as more cards anyway Smile So mine as well be you on a card!)

BTW - Trade ya that Todd Helton Donruss Black Proof card you wanted a LONG LONG time ago for it. lol

~Vesper

Thanks for the reply, yeah I'm going to send it off soon. Cool idea about being a catcher, but my position is 1B and OF...lol. Also I told the owner of the LCS I would have the pic taken there if I won.

(06-06-2013, 10:16 PM)vesperscards Wrote: I would 100% sign and Fedex that thing over... if you win - Have your "position" be a catcher... have you kneeling down behind home plate as your son is "opposing batter". Honestly, you know that would be more priceless than $500 bucks (and to be honest... eventually that $500 will end up as more cards anyway Smile So mine as well be you on a card!)

BTW - Trade ya that Todd Helton Donruss Black Proof card you wanted a LONG LONG time ago for it. lol

~Vesper

Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

Just be sure there are no stains on your shirt in the Card pic..haha..

Sign that thing and mail it in!!!

As far as WHERE the pic is taken,I'm sure Topps would want some sort of baseball activity in the backdrop. Similar to that promotion they just had "Pro for a day" or whatever where that lucky dude was a minor leaguer for a day.

My pic would have me with a hot dog and a beer sitting in the stands..MY usual baseball pose haha.
[Image: Npcz9Sk_zps02cb653f.png]
Lightbulb 
Thanks for the reply, I thought the same thing about an activity...however last yrs winner's pic was taken in a card shop too (that card is going for a pretty penny too). I only go to a few games a yr so my baseball pic would be sitting infront of my TV watching MLB.TV...lol. You bring up a good point though, if I won wonder if I could get the Rockies involved and take the pic at Coors on opening day!

(06-07-2013, 10:33 AM)LonghornMike311 Wrote: Just be sure there are no stains on your shirt in the Card pic..haha..

Sign that thing and mail it in!!!

As far as WHERE the pic is taken,I'm sure Topps would want some sort of baseball activity in the backdrop. Similar to that promotion they just had "Pro for a day" or whatever where that lucky dude was a minor leaguer for a day.

My pic would have me with a hot dog and a beer sitting in the stands..MY usual baseball pose haha.

Keep it! Just think you could be your own super collector or super collect your son. You and/or your son could sign your own card. Or better yet, if they put em in a set we collectors could pull one and send it to you maybe for a TTM auto! Smile

That would be so cool! I would let my son sign in crayon and just scribble....lol j/k

(06-12-2013, 04:33 AM)shaunbaus Wrote: Keep it! Just think you could be your own super collector or super collect your son. You and/or your son could sign your own card. Or better yet, if they put em in a set we collectors could pull one and send it to you maybe for a TTM auto! Smile

Hire an agent and negotiate a better contract!
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

LOL could use the same one I use for softball.

(06-12-2013, 12:56 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Hire an agent and negotiate a better contract!

That is very cool. I would love to pull that, but I wouldn't want to have to make that decision. Like you, I would LOVE to have my own card, but a few hundred dollars is nothing to sneeze at. That being said, I'd probably blow it on something I didn't need anyway. I think I'd send it in and take a shot.

My photo would be a head first slide with the helmet tilting down over my eyes. Either that, or I would be in a pitching pose.

Very cool opportunity and I hope you win!
[Image: h6wRomT.png]